+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I be dating even though I know I don't want a relationship?

Should I be dating even though I know I don't want a relationship?

So I broke up with my ex-gf of one year nearly two months ago bcos I felt our relationship had 'run it's course' and I decided I wanted to have time to myself out of a relationship. I've started dating, not bcos I want another relationship - bcos I just wanna date girls bcos I like the whole experience of it (and, no, it's not just to get in their pants).

The trouble is I've had a few dates with a girl and figure she is into me a lot more than I am to her. Don't get me wrong - she's a great girl but I don't want to give her the wrong impression otherwise before I know it I'll be in a relationship I don't wanna be in... but of course I don't wanna hurt her feelings...

It's strange bcos breaking up with my ex was such an emotionally tiring thing that I now feel that if I start to date a girl I have it in the back of my mind that I may well have to go through that kind of emotionally tiring process again (obviously not on the same scale) with her... which would make me feel bad.

Should I be dating even though I know I don't want a relationship? I just really like the company of the female species and the whole 'does she like me?' thing... I'm thinking as soon as I know she 'likes' me I get scared that it would turn into a relationship so I back off...

I'm not really too sure what I'm asking but any input from you guys would be good - anyone else going through a stage like this?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No.
    _________

shit man! i have the same problem! i mean im in love with a guy like you and as soon as i started to care he just backed off with this bloody line "can we be just friends" why are you, men so cruel ? not every girl is the same and there are of them who have feelings as well

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_B
    Only if you plan to be upright from the start. Date all you want but let these girls know that you aren't looking for a relationship. Otherwise you are pretty much lieing from the get go. Generally dating implies the possibility of a relationship in the future.

don't get caught in the one-night-stand-change-your-life-cause-you-knocked-up-a-girl-you-don't-even-love-and-now-you-have-to-be-miserable-for-the-rest-of-your-days trap.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

thats the longest line containing hyphens i have ever seen

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

lol hey sometimes drastic times calls for drastic measures
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_B
    Yes, even if not interested in dating you should remain active in doing so. Laying dormant may hinder your "date speak" in the long run.

Also there is no golden rule you have to try anything, you are who you are...She's gonna have to be the one to accept that, if she doesn't then you are free to let her go right?
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I