+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What exactly is her deal?

What exactly is her deal?

Ok ladies, do me a favor and explain what's going on here. I have a tremendous crush on a girl at work, but her actions are confusing me.

We get along wonderfully, have similar interests, the same sense of humor, etc. She always smiles when she sees me (which isn't a frequent thing for her), playfully teases me, goes out of her way to come and chat with me, laughs at my corny jokes, does that hair twirling thing when she's talking to me, and gives all the other body language signals that supposedly mean a girl is interested in a guy (Google it). Uh...let's see...an example of the other kind of thing she does: I have these...toy letters on my cubicle wall that you can use to spell anything and she spelled her name out. On MY cubicle. Every time the letters are rearranged, she changes them back to her name.

Now, the thing is, she seems reluctant or nervous to spend time with me alone outside of work. With a couple of our other friends, it's fine. I've never directly asked her out, but when I suggested that we spend time together on the weekend she said "Sure! xxxx and I are going out Saturday night, why don't you come?" Ask her to go to lunch during the weekday and frequently it's "can xxxx and xxxx come to?"

So what...does she not get that I like her more than a friend? Seems unlikely. Is she just not interested and flirts with me at work for fun? She was telling me yesterday that she wants to move to my apartment complex so that's going to make it even more awkward to NOT spend time with me outside of work alone, if that's what she's afraid of.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    when she says can xxx xxx come say: "well actaully this time I was hoping it would be just you. What do you think about that?"

Either she's shy or she's an outrageous flirt with a bf. But if she likes you... it will be YES!

I would have said that if I wasn't worried about awkwardness between us if she wasn't interested. Really...I should have said that since the payoff is greater than the risk!
    She's definitely single with no BF and doesn't have a tremendously active social life, so it's not like there's someone else waiting in the wings. I'm good friends with one of her besties so I have a spy on the inside.

Actually not just 10 minutes ago I had it confirmed that she has NO IDEA that I'm interested in her. So yeah...that changes things.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well it's BLATENTLY obvious she likes you so I have no clue why you're so hesitant.