+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gift for my girl friend

gift for my girl friend

it her birthday next week and i'm deep shit i don't know what to get her

what does she like, what are her interests? is she a girly girl, tom-boy, punky etc...?

Yoda Says ,'The force is strong with some beautiful flowers,'

LostNotFound Guest
    ^^ that helped no one.

is it her 1st birthday with you? and is it a milestone like 21st?

otherwise just get her something she's into. i'm in to books so my SO gets me a book + something.

I don't know the seriousness of your relationship but you could find a variety of gifts or do a variety of things.

For gift ideas, do you and your gf have any inside jokes, shared experiences, etc. Typically, an idea drawn from your relationship can have good significance.

You can always do stuff, like cook her a meal, set up a picnic for two, take her on a rowboat and read her Hemmingway or Faulkner, nice fancy restaurant...

With a few exceptions, I would say that a good idea does a great deal more than an expensive gift (although sometimes the two go together).

Quote Originally Posted by Dave4586 View Post
    it her birthday next week and i'm deep shit i don't know what to get her
    I'd say...the average man would go for a $200 gift certificate to "Victoria's Secret," a bottle of her favorite perfume; dinner at a five star restaurant.

Now, if you happen to live within a one hour flight distance from a major city...then, you fly her at 7 pm to the major city and have a limo take you to the best restaurant in town. Then spend the evening at a five star hotel. Next day, you spend with her in the city, shopping for the gift of her choice.

Of course, if it is really serious and you want to be a big shot about it...if the trip goes well....then, when you return to your hometown, you hand her an envelope that says, "Lovely time and I'd like to do it again" In the envelope...your business class tickets to the European or Asian capital of your choice for a ten day vacation.

But, hey that's just me. Now you can see why women don't give me the time of day

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycam View Post
    set up a picnic for two, take her on a rowboat and read her Hemmingway or Faulkner
    Winner!

I also like the idea of a cooking class (together). Don't be too extravagant. It only impresses very shallow people and gives the impression you are trying to "buy" her affection.

However, the original poster didn't say how old this girl is. She may be 14, for all we know. Since we don't know anything about the girl, it is really impossible to advise...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

she only 21 and turning 22 next week i think i can take out on fancy dinner. buy her $200 gift certificate to "Victoria's Secret. we went gambing last night i'm at AC in NJ. it summer vaction after all lol thanks for your help

she only 21 and turning 22 next week i think i can take out on fancy dinner. buy her $200 gift certificate to "Victoria's Secret. we went gambing last night i'm at AC in NJ. it summer vaction after all lol thanks for your help
    Ah, the fancy dinner...if you want to get all fancy..then contact the restaurant in advance and have them make a special dessert for her...something that comes to the table flaming is always good Like a dessert called a "Baked Alaska"

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    Ah, the fancy dinner...if you want to get all fancy..then contact the restaurant in advance and have them make a special dessert for her...something that comes to the table flaming is always good Like a dessert called a "Baked Alaska"
    Genius! This reminds me of something from that Spiderman 3 movie where Peter parker plans to put the ring at the bottom of the wine glass but then it all turns out to shit just like it does for me. O well.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Wow. $200? Fancy dinner?

Remember the too extravagant part Vashti talked about? You blew past that one.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ...and some guys wonder why they end up with shallow, materialistic girls...
    Last edited by vashti; 04-09-07 at 01:35 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Oh, I never wondered why.

In terms of "shallow," quite likely. But, shallow people come in both male and female varieties.

Actually, I don't think that there are many materialistic young women left in the US. Maybe 20 years ago, there were a lot of money and status conscious young women. Now, I think having money or any sign of financial success is a big turn-off to most young women. They are more interested in guys who are active, sports-oriented, travel-oriented types. Just having money means nothing, but if you spend lots of money on politically correct activities, then it is okay with them. Success is frowned on, especially if you are proud of your success. They'd much prefer a "work in progress" (i.e., he's really trying to get into college, but right now he's pursuing his dream to be a competitive skate boarder).

So, yeah, maybe re-think the oppulent dinner. Instead, arrange for you and her to spend her birthday serving dinner at a homeless shelter. Or visit a center for missing or exploited children. Go to an animal shelter and pick out a stray cat or dog that will be your shared pet. Buy her a tie-dyed purse made out of hemp that is made by a Peruvian tribe in the Andes and promise to go back packing with her there during summer break...you can stay youth hostels and eat local fare.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post

lol i love you vashhh.

(no i'm not drunk.) (yet.)
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay! You are back! How was the fishing trip? Did you catch anything?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast