+ Follow This Topic

Thread: buying a girl a gift !!

buying a girl a gift !!

i don't want to buy her love, but i just want to do something nice and show her how much i like her !
    she a friend who i work with and we talk every day, and have lunch together.. we are not that close yet but we like each other and she flirts with me all the time. I wonder how she would feel if i gave her some affection.. i thought about getting her a charm for a bracelet she has, like a angel charm ! but what do u think ? is it a good idea or am i being really stupid

Even though you say you don't want to buy her love but you do hope that she would be touch by your gift and that it would bring the two of you closer. I advice against it. Gifts should be given to your girlfriend to show you love them and not to a girl that you are trying to gain her love. Some girls will reciprocate and show you more affection after receiving gifts but they are just being nice back. It doesn't mean they like you more. Gold diggers will act like they love you just to get more gifts. If a girl really likes you for who you are, it won't matter if you don't buy her anything. She'll be happy just spending time with you. In fact, sometimes showering a girl with love and gifts too soon can produce the opposite effect. It shows her that she already won you over so she might lose interest. It's like when you can get a girl to have sex with you on the first date. If it comes easy, it loses value. So don't show your interest in the girl too strong in the beginning. Let her work on earning your affection too. That way she'll want you as much as you want her.

I hope you would be buying this gift and without expecting anything in return. Which is why I, as a female, would not accept this kind of gift and from a male friend and if I only viewed him as a 'friend'. To accept gifts could give the impression that I'm seeing him as 'more' than a friend.
    I'd only accept the gift, if I saw you as more than a friend.

And if she's only viewing you as a friend, she's gonna feel really uncomfortable and when you pass this gift over and she's going to know why she is receiving it, if she is 'bright' that is.

I'm wondering why you want to buy her a gift and when you say you are not 'that' close? You should save your gift buying, for a woman you are exclusive with.

I can imagine it now, yet another thread will pop up.....'i'm too nice' and because a woman didn't reciprocate and when a guy was nice enough to buy her a pressie.

to be honest.. i'm just a little sick of being single, i'm not desperate or anything i just like her and i hope she would see it as sweet ect ...i'm also not the greatest talker in the world, so i feel i have to express myself in other ways !
    i heared that an unexpected gift at a unexpected time is seen as a nice thing that she would like
    and as i said she does flirt with me and all that stuff so maybe she would like it !... but i'm not sure

Quote Originally Posted by loverman1 View Post
    i heared that an unexpected gift at a unexpected time is seen as a nice thing that she would like
    Only if she sees you as 'more' than a friend and you don't know for sure whether she does or not. Just because she is friendly and flirty doesn't mean she is interested in anything more. Sometimes over friendliness can be misinterpreted as being 'flirty' and she may be an over friendly female.

Why don't you just man up and ask her to go out sometime.

Watch this.

Instead of buying her a charm bracelet.

Next time you go to lunch with her pick up her bill.

Then when she complains about you picking it up. (If she doesn’t, it only cost you the cost of a lunch)

Tell her she can buy you a drink on Friday when the two of you go out.

Then you will know.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

because she already has a boyfriend but he treats her very badly, its not a good relationship i feel a little sorry for her sometimes.. so i'm trying to be something better !

Yeah? Well then guess what you get to do?

Either wait. (Do not get her to leave him for you)

or Move on.
    Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I do not know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

....and anturo thats a nice idea )

i want her to choose if she likes me she can leave him behind.... i think she's looking and waiting for someone to show up anyway !!

Quote Originally Posted by loverman1 View Post
    i want her to choose if she likes me she can leave him behind.... i think she's looking and waiting for someone to show up anyway !!
    Yes but if you do anything that puts “you” into her head because of “you”.

There will come a day that the action you took to get into her head will bite you in the ass.

Let her make up her mind on her own.

Just be a friend right now, and do not push her in any direction.