I just wanted to drop a quick note to introduce myself, as I intend to be a regular poster on this forum.

I have been in a long distance relationship for over two years and I am currently working on moving my Big Dog the 3000 miles across the atlantic ocean to live with me in the UK. By Valentine's Day 2011, we should be happily snuggled in our first home together and builiding our life together as Mr and Mrs Big Dog.

I realised recently that I have a tale to tell and that I could help others who are going through the very difficult and painful journey that is a long distance relationship. By helping others, I am hoping to ease some of my pain and to help form a community of people who understand this tough path of loving from a distance. In the process, I'm hoping to expand the minds of people who have not been through this, to help them to understand and support their friends or family who may be treading the path. They do need your support. I am lucky to have very supportive folks around me, but it still took them some time to catch on to the reality.

I hope to be a useful part of this love community, sharing my colourful experiences, good and bad, with you all.

With great love,

Kitty
x