+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you get over someone before anything happends?

How do you get over someone before anything happends?

Well as much as I'm speechless and nervous around the girl I happen to really like, I'd much rather have her as a friend and nothing more. She seems like a nice person, shes smart, funny, hard worker and good person to study with. Is their anyway to kinda "get over" her without anything happening?

It would be easier to be her friend if I wasn't so nervous because I'm just like soo attracted to her.
    Quote Originally Posted by DharmicLove View Post
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

i dont understand what you're asking.

what are you trying to get over?

what's this "anything" you dont want to happen?

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

Well to get to the jist of it I don't want to "like" her and anything being my acting on this "liking".
    This whole situation is retarded. Instead of getting yourself into a love triangle, you have somehow managed to create a "love square"?!?!??!!
    .., there's no reason to think about anything.., if you're "thinking" you're losing.., just "do".., because nothing is a big deal.., unless you make it out to be..

Sadly you can't control that sort of thing. If you "like" her, there's nothing you can do about it. Short of cutting all contact with the girl (which would kind of defeat the purpose of this thread) there isn't much you can do but wait and hope your feelings subside, or you find someone else.

Or you find out she has a really disgusting habit like...

lol this happened to me like. I figured that if I didn't want to have feelings for her but wanted to find a girlfriend still the only thing i could do was ask her out knowing that I would get rejected lol.

After a few months of not talking to each other we are of corse friends again lol. I did have to explain what happened to her though. And yes getting rejected by her was alot worse than I thought it would be. Stupid emotions lol.

i dont ****ing understand, do you want to have a relationship with this bitch or not??

if you want to get over her, the best way in my ****ing opinion is to cut all contact with her, no more studying with her, calling her or any sort of communication, with time your "feelings" will subside and you will forget about her

p.s: dont ****ing lie to yourself, if you are attracted to her then you like her more than a friend

of course the above is just my ****ing opinion i could be right i could be wrong, take it or leave it - see if i give a flying ****

Might as well go down in the battlefield, i'll give it my best shot and if I get rejected at least I went down trying. I'd rather ask her out as best I can if I'm gonna have too.

That's more like it. None of this "I give up before I've even tried" stuff.
    Spammer Spanker

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You should at least try before giving up. But, I know sometimes its not possible to be with that person even though you have feelings for them.

So, I hate to break it to you, but there really is no easy way to get over it. (I am currently in this situation.) I have tried to find things that I don't like about the person and I have tried to convince myself that its best not to pursue anything. But, honestly, that just makes me want to be with him more. I guess time apart does help... I think that has helped me in the past and is helping me now. Another thing that helps is getting out there and finding someone else you find attractive and then go from there. Kinda helps take the focus off of that other person.
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

And I was going to invite her to a movie I'm seeing with some friends and then I call up, shes at basketball practice and her dad saids she'll be out of town.....bugger.

Ok so I wrote on her wall asking her how Europe was going like 3 days ago. She got back yesterday and used Facebook twice and completely ignored my message But the way I see it I can't get over her without asking her out or trying?

Well, I would imagine that being mistreated and ignored should go a long way toward getting over her. That would work for me.
    Spammer Spanker

thanks giga. I read this forum a lot and I must say...I'm learning a lot. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Stirfry Guest
    Imagine that she's a smoker (If smokers are a turnoff, this should work well)
    Find a really annoying habit she has

I thought of this a while ago when I had a crush I couldnt shake.

1) Separate animal instincts from current mood
    2) Recognize their irrelevance in the surrounding environment
    3) Realize that hormones are preventing you from the normal emotions you want
    4) Replace infatuation with genuine friendliness

so you like her but you dont want to like her so you try to get over her by breaking contacts with her. trying to make this as complicated as possible.