+ Follow This Topic

Thread: initiating

initiating

hey ladies

is it possible for a girl not to initiate anything while dating? ive been seeing this girl for a couple months and we both like each other. however, i dont think she has ever called me, without me calling first or her telling me that she was going to call later...am i overating this? or is she just having fun with me (ie. not interested and being nice)?

recently i got her a very thoughtful christmas gift and i wanted to see if she would call. she hasnt and its been over a week =[

suggestions?

thanks

Dear friend
    it depends on how she act in front of you...
    when you are alone ...
    did you talk about your future "relationship"....

Just wonder. What make you think that she likes u?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    She didn't even call to thank you for a gift? That is plain RUDE.

I don't know why she hasn't been calling you. She may be disinterested or she may be very traditional. You are going to have to ask her.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

ya, she either is using you OR she is really old school OR she is really new to this whole thing. just ask her straight up.
    people never just say what they are really thinking, it would make life easier if they did

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell her to stop bein' such a pussy.

Dear Souj,

There are different scenario's; it could be that she's just very shy and waiting for you to take action. However, if I would have received a gift from someone I secretly admire I would definitely have called to say thanks. Her not calling means that either she's not very attentive and she just forgot (not good), or she cannot reach you, or maybe she just likes you as a friend and is afraid to give you the impression that she's into you. Perhaps she hasn't even given the possibility of you liking her a thought? This really depends on your relationship with her, if she's more like one of your male friends it could be possible, but if she's a typical girly girl she has definitely given the idea of you two together some thought. So if she is like one of the guys, you should make sure that you're giving her the right signs. Apart from the gift, what are you doing that makes her feel that you like her? Be very subtle in this. You could for example lightly touch her on her arm sometimes when you guys are talking, or you could look at her just a bit longer than you usually do. Make her feel like you're really interested in what she's saying. Pay attention to how she is responding to this. She will notice the signs and how she responds physically says a lot about her feelings for you. If she's for example easily distracted and constantly checking her cell for messages you should wait a little before you decide to (or not to) make a move.

Generally, it's not an extremely positive sign if a girl doesn't call you back after receiving a "personal" gift, so try to take into account that she might not like you. But every girl is different. Like I said, she might be shy, so just try what I said to see how things go.

Good luck!
    Mrs Jones