+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I Consider Getting Back Together With My Ex-Girlfriend?? Help please

Should I Consider Getting Back Together With My Ex-Girlfriend?? Help please

Ok, so Ill try and make this as short as possible.
    I met my girlfriend my freshman year of college, we dated for around 15 months and then because of some issues that stressed me out I started to neglect what a wonderful person she is and not treat her as incredible as she deserves. We would go out drinking and started to fight very often. Before me she was an incredibly innocent girl, the first six month of dating we never had sex because she wanted to wait until marriage originally but once felt that she was really in love with me decided that it was okay. She had never done more than kiss another guy before me and was raised in a very religious household. We were best friends and had an incredible relationship that was nearly perfect unless we brought alcohol into the situation. She was the first girl I ever truly loved and I was her first love as well. Anyways after failing to treat her the way she was used to me treating her, she broke up with me and said she needed some time to figure stuff out. We were both very hurt by the breakup, I continued to go out with my friends in order to get over it and turned down several different girls during that time cause it just didn't feel right. Lately she started talking to me again and we both admit that we miss eachother incredibly and still love eachother. We hung out a couple of times the last few nights but during that time we talked and I found out that one night about two weeks after we broke up (its now been a little over a month) she got drunk at a party and ended up doing just about everything except sex with a kid who plays on our football team, the guy is a complete airhead and has the IQ equivalent to a rock. She told me she regrets it everyday and shes cried about it and that it was just a lame attempt to try and get over the breakup. She said that he means absolutely nothing to her and I believe her because she is sincere and never lied to me. Unfortunately we broke up once prior to this just for a span of about 5 days when I was the one who decided that I didnt want to be with her and during that period she went to a movie with the same guy. She didnt do anything with him that time not even kiss, but he did pick her up and pay for the ticket, she said during that he tried holding her hand but she would not let him. She also said after the movie she just went back to her room and cried about the situation the whole night and the hurt of me breaking up with her. Anyways, now she is talking about getting back together but the image of her hooking up with this idiot haunts me basically everyday. The thought about kissing her after her lips have been on you know what hurts me more than I can put in words and I dont know if I would ever be able to truly get over it. The purity of our relationship was one of the best things we had going and now its tainted, after we started dating neither of us had ever even kissed another person and now thats gone. What should I do??

It will never be the same,u may say you will work to make it even better but in the heart there will always be something,something that makes it feel different.I suggest forgetting her,there are plenty of other girls.

Thing is and despite her doing this that and the other, she didn't and wasn't cheating on you - she was a single woman and free to do as she pleased. What did you expect her to do, remain a nun and in your absence?

If you can't accept that there has been other guys, despite the fact it all happened and when you were not together, then you are best off not getting back with her and because you won't be able to forget.
    Therefore it's a waste of time to even try again, because it's automatically destined to fail and if you aren't prepared to put in the work that will give this a chance to work.