+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do Ladies feel about Artists?

How do Ladies feel about Artists?

How do you ladies feel about men who are artists? I don't mean girly types who oil paint but rather a mans man who is into art and produces pieces with feelings.

Are they more attractive than non-artsy rich wall street types?

No, they aren't more attractive than the wall street types. They'd make good boy toys though.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    So if oil painting is girly what form of art is manly?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Modern or even digital.

Not sure about the wall street types... but they are more attractive to women who have an artistic inclination as well.
    "The weakest soul, knowing its own weakness, and believing this truth that strength can only be developed by effort and practice, will, thus believing, at once begin to exert itself, and, adding effort to effort, patience to patience, and strength to strength, will never cease to develop, and will at last grow divinely strong."

- James Allen

I'm a photographer and I'm going out with a designer at the moment. We have an awful lot in common and have the same veiwpoints and theories on things which is cool but in saying that, two of my best friends are studying medicine and another is studying psychology and I have a lot in common with them too, and I learn a lot from them.
    I don't actually care whether he can paint or whatever, I only care if we get on. And I tend to get on with pretty much everyone. Tho I'm not really a terribly artistic sort, I'm more of a commercial/fashion photographer rather than an art photographer.

This question would be similar to a woman asking men if men prefer brunettes or redheads more... it's subjective, entirely dependent on each individual's preference.

Personally, I find artsy types tend not to be very practical in matters that I consider to be rather important, and that leads to quite a bit of frustration on my part. Like all stereotypes, it doesn't fit everyone, but that has been my experience.

:sigh:

Graham, Graham, Graham. "Lady's"? Are you drunk today? It's not even five yet!

Do you want me to fix it?
    Spammer Spanker

agree with little pingoin. this is such a subjective question. i'm a very logical, geeky person, so i'm not too attracted to artists. to me, they seem like they would go wherever the wind blows them, which is a bit unappealing. but, this isn't to say that the next person wouldn't be attracted to an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    :sigh:

Graham, Graham, Graham. "Lady's"? Are you drunk today? It's not even five yet!

Do you want me to fix it?
    Yes please do. Actually I had been drinking. Funny.

My high school boyfriend was an artist. Very much into painting, drawing. Very talented. He now teaches ceramics at UNM.

In my experience, it was really fun to have someone with so much talent draw me, but that "artistic temperament" was a real pain in the ass. You guys think I'm a big drama queen? Jeeze, I was nothing next to this guy. It was like he had a drama volume that went to eleven.

He wore me out.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    My high school boyfriend was an artist. Very much into painting, drawing. Very talented. He now teaches ceramics at UNM.

In my experience, it was really fun to have someone with so much talent draw me, but that "artistic temperament" was a real pain in the ass. You guys think I'm a big drama queen? Jeeze, I was nothing next to this guy. It was like he had a drama volume that went to eleven.

He wore me out.
    Yeah thats what happens with traditional artists. I guess when I originally posed the question I was thinking more of like sculpting or video or digital arts. Something less... sassy for lack of a better term.

Creativity is a very attractive quality in a man. It shows they are willing to be honest and open and express their feelings and thoughts. Women love men who are not afraid of revealing their deepest thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Kat5 View Post
    Creativity is a very attractive quality in a man. It shows they are willing to be honest and open and express their feelings and thoughts. Women love men who are not afraid of revealing their deepest thoughts!
    They say that when they have a closed mouth guy with no deep thoughts. When they get a deep passionate guy with an amazing story to tell they fall head over heals in love for a very short time. I've learned things that burn twice as bright burn half as long.

In my experience, guys who like to make things are the most attractive. Doesn't even matter what, really. Art or bridges, furniture, food, whatever. I just like productive guys.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast