+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she ignoring me?

Why is she ignoring me?

I've been texting with this girl for nearly a year now, and I know for a fact that she is into me. Our relationship is solely through text, and we never talk on the phone. It was only recently (a couple months ago) that I hung out with her for the first time and also the last time. It was 3 a.m. and I called her up asking if she wanted to hang out. She had drinks that night, but I was sober. When I got out of the car, she wrapped her arms around me and started making out with me. Now, I wasn't interested in having a relationship with her--just a sex buddy type of thing. But she started talking all this stuff how she wanted us to be bf/gf, etc. It felt weird to me because we don't truly know each other--we don't even talk on the phone.

I was invited into her house and we were talking for a while. Then she wanted me to have sex with her, but I couldn't because I didn't have protection with me. She kept saying that it doesn't matter, and to please just do it.

After this night, talking with her isn't the same. She doesn't seem as interested in me and texts me less often. My only guesses to why she is doing this is because she is embarrassed or she thinks I'm only interested in her for sex (which, honestly, I am).

My question is why do you think she isn't talking to me as much? Do you think my assumptions are accurate?

Thank you in advanced for your help,
    MAC

Quote Originally Posted by macroar View Post
    I'm only interested in her for sex (which, honestly, I am).
    Then why do you care what she's thinking?

OMG seriously why do you even care.

I agree - why DO you care what she's thinking/ why she's acting this way, if you truly just wanted sex out of her?

But on the flip side, being a girl in a similar situation, I'll give you the answer you already know. I have a guy friend who used to talk to me every single night, for hours, via text. It was nice and talking to him became rather special to me over the months and I developed feelings for him, even tho it should have been very clear to me that he just wanted a FWB. Slowly, at first, I began cutting the amount of talking we did down from every night to every other night and eventually to nothing at all - mostly because every time I broached a serious subject with him, he would shut down or change the subject - to me, that's a major warning sign that a friend isn't really a friend if they can't trust you. Additionally, I got sick of hearing about these other girls that he wanted to sleep with/have a relationship with because, even tho it shouldn't have, it stull hurt me on a emtional level and it started to effect other areas of my life, including my day to day attitude towards pretty much everything.

In the end, as the "girl" in this scenario, I found it was easier on me to end the communication/keep it minimal at the most, than to allow myself to open up to him, have feelings for him, etc. He wasn't going to fall in love with me, nor was he ready to have a real relationship in his life due to some of his personal issues. It's likely this girl you are talking about is either embarassed as you suggested or just trying to keep herself from having her heart broken, again. It would be fabulous if, once we knew someone wasn't interested in a romantic relationship, we were able to turn off all emotions involving that person - sadly, I've tried this and it doesn't work. Distance helps, at least for me.

Don't even care to her if u don't want a relationship as she's intoo you :-)

1/ if u cared just about sex or having her as a fb, then why caring about the fact she's not chatting you up?

2/ did you tell her you just wanted her as a great friend (with possible benefits) but no more? ... ok, might be slightly brutal, but i am a girl, i did have 2 friends in the past who were and still are amazing friends (and when none of us would be in a relationship at the given time, we'd have some affair... still making it clear that we're not getting into anything serious)

3/ given the fact you seem to care, did you ask her if she was ok? that's a small sentence that can do miracles, but is often omitted by guys. just ask her what's up and how she is. And try to clarify what happened that evening, hearing her opinion... maybe take the initiative and give her a call...

Sounds like she likes to sleep around. And she might be using you for sex. But really tho, this is not a type of girl you want for a girlfriend man