+ Follow This Topic

Thread: lost desire for my girlfriend, i dont know what to do anymore

lost desire for my girlfriend, i dont know what to do anymore

So I have been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years now, im 22 she is 20, at first we were very passionate and slowly the honeymoon phase ended and our relationship continued. I must note she is a clean person and is grossed out by a passionate kiss. But very quickly after that she lost most of her sex drive allowing sex only once or twice a month. I say allow because that's what it was, i had to initiate it and (since consent is always important) ask if she wanted sex. This continued for about 9 mo (till we had been together about a yr and a half). while in the moment she would want me to do all the work and do the same positions, never the less knowing what turns me on(her doing some work, taking a little initiative). After a year and a half it picked up to 2-3 times a month but was pretty much the same, but it was also around this time we started going to school together and since I am a few years older than her, i had already taken the classes she was taking. So she started giving me exactly what i wanted but if and only if i did an essay for her or some other big project, and it bothered me but it was the only way to really feel satisfied in an intimate way since besides light kissing that was the only other outlet she allowed for an intimate encounter.
    Jump forward a few months to the start of this semester, she said that her English final project is a 10 page essay, and right then i told her that i wouldn't do that for her but i was more than willing to help her with it. Slowly into the semester since our intimate life was continuing at its normal pace it began to satisfy me less and less, she tried a few things that we used to do that would still allow her to not be in control but these attempts would never the less not satisfy me(i wanted more interaction from her). at first I thought that she had forgotten what really did it for me until the time her 10 page essay was close to being due and she starts doing everything that turns me on and she then asks if i could do her essay and that if i loved her i would do it for her and i of course resisted and she began to do more things that turned me on until i couldn't handle it anymore and said yes, i told her the next day that i couldn't of course. But since then i have felt no sexual desire for her and she has begun to notice that im not treating her the same. And to tell the truth im tired of being used. (i also buy the food(she buys the gas(i pay more))and i live paycheck to paycheck(as most college students do)but her mother gives her anything).But i do love her tremendously and i really don't know what to do.
    It might also be worth noting that a regular at my store became really flirtatious with me, has the same general field that she studying and is very attractive. And my girlfriend doesn't know what she wants and has no real interest in the things that i am studying. And to tell the truth i don't find my girlfriend to be that smart (school wise). Although i haven't really flirted back with this girl(i really cant i have about 1 min of interaction), i do find myself fantasizing about her.
    I really dont know what to do, my closer friends tell me to dump my girlfriend but i do love her(my closer friend is married) and don't know what to do.

I just puked thinking that there men out there that are that pussy struck that they'd get their sexual partners degree for them.

(I hope Vince isn't reading this).
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Your friend is right, dump her......next!

Jeez, young folk like you should be shagging like rabbits. You're not satisfied now. Do you magically expect that somehow it's going to get better because it won't. Yep, dump her, she's a waste of space. Just think, there's probably old people like me who are getting it more often than you. Is that fair?

Break up with her. This relationship is dysfunctional and unhealthy and honestly you can do a lot better. Dont jump straight into a rebound though-take some time out first and be alone or else your next relationship wont work out either
    "Don't ask a question if you can't handle the answer".