+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my friend interested in my off and on boyfriend? Am I ignoring the signs?

Is my friend interested in my off and on boyfriend? Am I ignoring the signs?

I think this women I know likes my off and on man? What are the signs if you think your friend wants your ma \n?

- Does she spend more time with him than usual?
    - Does she laugh and smile a lot when she is with him?
    - Does she call or email him for personal (not business) reasons? Does she make up business reasons to call or email him?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Why would you even care if your friend likes your on and off boyfriend? You obviously don't like him enough to have him be your full-time "on" boyfriend, so don't even worry about it.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

That is true Devon. I do love him though. She hasn;t done anything never met him personally. She has seen him on facebook and from a distance. But whenever I bring him it is like she gets all excited and it is strange. Like she will ask me "oh is he coming over?" Like she is excited about someone she does not even know or personally met, I could just be looking for reasons to say that or find some reason not trust her. I am always looking for the worst in women at times. Especially when they haven't done anything wrong. I wanna be with him off and on? Sounds crazy. I will forget all about. Thanks. It is nothing there to be concernd with. I do not even see him fulll-time because we do not get along.

We are off and on with each other. Sometimes I want to be bothered and other times not. We both do the same things. Sometimes we are really into each other. Other times do not want to be bothered. Perhaps I should move on. Not husband material. More information on this guy is: Lives with his mother, 48 years old and doesn;t seem like he is leaving any time soon. So there you go. She is his woman it seems. Kinda weird. Just lives with mother for various reasons. Loves his mom as he should but when are you going to become independent. I think she does not want him to have a girlfriend. I am in mid 40's he is 48 and is content living with mom it seems. that is what turns me off the most I do not get it. So there it is. I have answered my own question.

Can't spend time with him they never officially met. She only saw him on my computer and from distance when we were going out
    She seems excited when I mention him. If I say that he is coming over or we are going out. She will say "Oh he is coming over!? Excited for some strange reason. Then I told her where he goes to hang out sometimes an that we went there before. She say "Oh that is probably where I have seen him before." Or she acts strange when I mention him. It is hard to really figure her out at times as far as what she is thinking. But she has done some things in the past that have made me question where she would be interested in someone else's man.
    She has driven past my ex partners place of employment without telling me. And drove past one of the guys house I dated one time while I was in the car with her. Without even asking me just did it suddenly. She acts weird at times and nice most of the time. Gives weird signals. Said that doesn't want a relationship but seems very interested in mind at times. She is 51 years of age. I don't know what she would do if she saw him out and I was not around. What are your thoughts based on this. I am really unhappy with him for various reasons actually.

1. Do you want to be with this guy or not? If you're not really all that interested in him, why bother? If you're just enjoying a 'casual' and convenient relationship, well I guess that's OK as long as you're both happy about that. Yes, living with your mother at age 48 is a bit strange - but, hey, everyone's different. Whatever makes them happy, as long as it is making them happy.

2. If your friend likes the look of him, who cares? What's going on with your (alleged) friend anyway if you have to watch your boyfriend so that she doesn't try to 'steal' him? It seems she has a way of developing a crush on someone you are seeing. This is something you want to talk over with her in my view. Maybe her 'strange' behaviour is not because she has some kind of weird crush on him, but for some other reason? I'd just ask her if it was me.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde