+ Follow This Topic

Thread: bday gift

bday gift

i've been talking to this girl for almost 3 months
    what kind of present should i give her for her 18th birthday

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I am assuming you aren't dating... I say give her nothing too extravagant. How about a copy of a book or a CD you like?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Hahaha True!! Dont waste "too" much money on Friends.. How about a flowers or chocolate kisses.. That would be nice for a good points!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

well its one of those things where, we are single, but kinda with each other but not officially going out ...

i was thinking lunch at my place cooked by me, and then take her out somewhere, sounds good ?? other ideas are welcomed

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whoa... it's only been 3 months buddy and you're probably both teenagers. cooking at your own place is romantic and shit, but i'm sure that you'll have to deal with parents unless you've living on your own already.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional: If he and the girl are in the States, an eighteenth birthday falling in the second half of the year is usually the first year of college. I turned eighteen the April before I graduated; my roommate freshman year turned eighteen the day after we moved in. He's been talking to her for about three months--school has been going for about three months. ...Ooooor I could be completely off-base. XD Who knows. It's all hypotheticals.

vwturbo: I think taking her out somewhere after you make her food is a good idea, honestly. But I also think you should accompany it with something small that she can hold on to--a reminder of the day, as it were. A small figurine, perhaps--whatever you think she'd like, so the day can feel like more than a nice dream she had once. Or something. XD

Tedel Guest
    What about small earrings or pendants?
    You never lose giving earrings to a woman, although I don't know why, disgracefully.

Hmm i wonder.. her 18th birthday.. is it like a party(debut) or just celebrating it as an ordinary b-day party?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tedel View Post
    You never lose giving earrings to a woman, although I don't know why, disgracefully.

XD; Actually... you can. It'd lose for me, for example, because I don't have pierced ears. Couldn't wear 'em. And the clasp ones are uncomfortable for me. With those who actually wear earrings, though, well. ; )

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think the most important thing is that the gift not be too extravagant. Gifts generally become more elaborate the longer you are together, so if you start big now, you'll be in trouble later.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?