+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Public Displays of Affection..

Public Displays of Affection..

HEY GUYS!

What are your thoughts on PDA? Do you think there should be limit..or is it just a matter of right?

I was completely disgusted today, when a teenage couple started pashing profusely in the seat in front of me in the train. Now, im fine with a little kiss on the lips, but i think they crossed the line. I mean seriously, they are in public. I think its really distasteful. Me and my boyfriend love each other dearly, but we know how to differentiate the plaza from the bedroom.

What do you guys think about PDA?
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by sine24 View Post
    What do you guys think about PDA?
    For as long as it's nothing sexual.., there's nothing wrong with PDAs..

Obviously.., social reputation and image are important to women.., so even acts of affection which are not sexual.., may seem like.., "oh no! I can't do this here! it looks so wrong!".., no such concept for men.. seriously..

If she says.., "not here!".., he says.., "I understand".., (not because he agrees.., but because it's important to you)

Personally.., I think a little PDA is important.., it helps keep the relationship open.., and just helps two people be more comfortable with eachother..

I've known couples who don't even kiss or even hold hands in public.., I mean.., common.., grow up.., either that.., or get over yourself mr & mrs. noble.., seriously.., you're not at some palace.., where all the royalty.., the house of lords.., and every U.N. diplomat is watching.., nobody cares.., so stop being so fake/up-tight.., and just be comfortable enough to express any non-sexual affection to the person you love.., no big deal..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

yeah i agree a little is good for a relationship, but im talking pashing, and lying on each other in the train like its a lounge, and gestures which just ooze the words "i wanna do you here". i think some people just go too far with their 'methods' of expressing their love in public. By no means am i saying that kissing or holding hands is bad..thats what i do with my boyfriend,..but too much tongue-action is enough to gross any person walking down the street to get a bite to eat.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Extreme PDAs are the stuff of teenagers. Of course it is distasteful, and many teenagers lack the ability and motivation to control themselves. When I see outrageous behavior, I remind mysef that the brain development continues into a person's 20s. Unfortunately, combined with immature brain structure, these kids are also not taught that it is not right to make other people feel uncomfortable and that other people's feelings matter.

(I don't think most peope are offended by "normal" displays of intimacy such as hugs, hand holding, or a brief kiss.)
    Last edited by vashti; 30-04-08 at 11:53 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Let's see some public fuccking

My ex husband put his hand on my ass once in a club and I almost slapped him. I like smooching (upon greeting) and holding hands, but overtly sexual behavior is disrespectful of everyone around you.
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would be delighted if a woman ever put her hand on my ass, anytime, anywhere. It would make my day

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    I would be delighted if a woman ever put her hand on my ass, anytime, anywhere. It would make my day
    What if she looked like Roseann Barr?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL I had to google image search her. No because she's too old. Within the age range of about 17 - 24, just about any chick

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How about Ugly Betty?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ugly Betty can grope me all she wants

What about people who get turned out by doing it in public? What about them?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

PDA's are unnecessary, what really matters is how close the couple is in private... people who can't take their hands off each other in public are only trying to prove something, whatever that is...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    pda... c'mon people.... wait let me explain first.

when we were back in the days of retainers and stressing over a pop quiz, PDA was a thing that you did for two things.. one, because you wanted to make out with your sig other.. and two, brag to everyone about your hot girl..!!

now that you're a little older and mature, these sorts of things are saved for the bedroom because they only lead to much much wilder actions.

with that in mind, who gives a f*ck if you see two children getting it on, however, if two prunes are stuck together in a face to face tongue actions, i'd slap the dentures right from their mouth.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    For as long as it's nothing sexual.., there's nothing wrong with PDAs..

Obviously.., social reputation and image are important to women.., so even acts of affection which are not sexual.., may seem like.., "oh no! I can't do this here! it looks so wrong!".., no such concept for men.. seriously..

If she says.., "not here!".., he says.., "I understand".., (not because he agrees.., but because it's important to you)

Personally.., I think a little PDA is important.., it helps keep the relationship open.., and just helps two people be more comfortable with eachother..

I've known couples who don't even kiss or even hold hands in public.., I mean.., common.., grow up.., either that.., or get over yourself mr & mrs. noble.., seriously.., you're not at some palace.., where all the royalty.., the house of lords.., and every U.N. diplomat is watching.., nobody cares.., so stop being so fake/up-tight.., and just be comfortable enough to express any non-sexual affection to the person you love.., no big deal..

Best,

GrkScorp
    Why is everyone on these forums so sexist?? Social reputation and image are important to some people, both women and men, but not others. And not all guys would say they understand. The rest of what you said I generally agree with though. There's nothing wrong with holding hands, hugging, kissing, and the like in public. But some people may simply not like physical contact so you shouldn't just assume if a couple does not show public displays of affection then they are immature or uptight about it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast