+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Second chances...

Second chances...

When is it wise to give a second chance? SO... I have been kinda dating someone... We have had no sexual relationship as of late. We have kissed a couple of times and that is it. We have different schedules.

Anyhoo.. He works as a chef at a place I frequent. One night I called him and asked him to meet me there for a drink. He said ok I'll see you soon. To make a long story short.. he never showed nor.. did he call or give me any explaination. My thought is that he isnt "into me", so therefor.. why show up. However... he has since asked me to his house quite a few times.. so now I think this is a sexual thing for him. He sees me as a challenge and just wants to sleep with me. Do men play these kind of games?

It all sounds to complicated for me. I mean, I know men are men and sex is hard to come by.. so if a girl gives you a little attention would you sleep with her just to have sex with someone? Just curious
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Ellynn is offline Love Gurus
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly, if he can't give you the time of the day....and actually go out on a date with you.....but yet wants you to come over to his place. Chances are hes looking to get laid.

Make him take you out......and get to know him better. The true test is if hes willing to wait a bit and actually spend some more time getting to know you better without the sex involved. If he does, then maybe its worth pursuing. If he blows you off when you mention the words "date" or "out to dinner" etc.....then hes not worth it at all!
    Appreciate the good times and learn from the bad times....

ah girl...I totally agree with E there! Have him take you out somewhere! Theres his second chance! I miss you!!!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

no way...if i were you, i wouldnt give that guy a second chance...come on...did he say that he's sorry for not turning up? did he give u an explanation? if he didnt, heck he isnt worth it ! he only asked u to come to his place, so thats weird....why did he ask u to come to his place, but he didnt show up when u asked him to go out for a drink OUTSIDE the house? *question question*...so yeah... u have the right to refuse, and thats for a good reason!

Jane-----Not wise to give him a second chance. He stood you up. Without an explanation. That's the height of rudeness.

That is pretty rude! Definitely!

Sounds kinda like a jerk.

Sorry for not showing up Jane, I had to catch 2 cabs and by the time I arrived...you were gone. Just messing babe!
    I would start again with this guy, go for drinks again or date and see what happens.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy View Post
    Sorry for not showing up Jane, I had to catch 2 cabs and by the time I arrived...you were gone. Just messing babe!
    I would start again with this guy, go for drinks again or date and see what happens.

LOL!! figures you'd stand me up...
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine View Post
    Jane-----Not wise to give him a second chance. He stood you up. Without an explanation. That's the height of rudeness.
    Are you sure he has your number? If yes, then +1 for above.