+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How many chances do we get

How many chances do we get

I never thought I would be on a forum wondering about love.

Tall, good looking, fly fast planes, drive fast cars, have a great sense of humor, and the life of the party. But I can't meet the women of my dreams to save my life. I can meet women, talk to them, I am not shy, but the women I am attracted to, the ones that I like, are either married, in a relationship, or not interested in me. I am 29 and why is it so hard to find Mrs. Right. I found her once, and let her go. After 5 years, we decided to take a break. After 6 months I missed her so much, I decided to fight for her.
    I sent her ticket to Paris, and told her to meet me on top of the Eiffel Tower if she still loved me. I was there, she never showed. I never called her.

Do we just get the "one", or is everyone else after that just as close of a second that we can find?

At 29, I am ready to settle down, be a good husband and a good father. Why, with all the lonely hearts out there, is it so hard to find the one? I believe God has a plan for me, and someone special, but did I let her go?

BlueVetteRacer

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    I never thought I would be on a forum wondering about love.

Tall, good looking, fly fast planes, drive fast cars, have a great sense of humor, and the life of the party. But I can't meet the women of my dreams to save my life. I can meet women, talk to them, I am not shy, but the women I am attracted to, the ones that I like, are either married, in a relationship, or not interested in me. I am 29 and why is it so hard to find Mrs. Right. I found her once, and let her go. After 5 years, we decided to take a break. After 6 months I missed her so much, I decided to fight for her.
    I sent her ticket to Paris, and told her to meet me on top of the Eiffel Tower if she still loved me. I was there, she never showed. I never called her.

Do we just get the "one", or is everyone else after that just as close of a second that we can find?

At 29, I am ready to settle down, be a good husband and a good father. Why, with all the lonely hearts out there, is it so hard to find the one? I believe God has a plan for me, and someone special, but did I let her go?

BlueVetteRacer
    well... in alot of people's opinion, getting married and starting a family happens best at age 33 for a guy. that's when i've been told that everything in life really comes together and makes sence. then again, maybe it's just that whoever is telling me that had it really rough in the past, and had to struggle before they finally got established financially.

it looks though that you're already there. i'll tell you right now, contrary to what men are lead to think, there's more to the perfect woman's heart, than the perfect gifts. giving someone tickets to paris and telling them to meet u on top of the eifel tower only sounds romantic. but, it's really just like telling them, if u want me back, you know where to find me.

i'm not about to tell u how to get her back. i think we all know u blew that one. maybe u need to get in touch with who u really are first, and THEN find the perfect person. u need to stop thinking about ur money and success, u need to start thinking about YOU. unless ur idea of the perfect person is someone who loves and cares and respects your trust fund more than they respect you, u have to start going about life simple.

don't get me wrong, i love money, who doesn't, but i also believe that too much money is evil. from a christian perspective, jesus tells us that unless you can let go of all your wealth on earth, u may never enjoy the wealth of heaven.

no... lol... HELL NO... lol.. i'm not religious, but if u put that to practical use, what he is saying is.. that unless u stop living the "rich" life, u'll never get to enjoy the "richness" in life. if i was you, no matter how hard it was, i'd start living like the average joe. let go of the fancy cars, of the planes, my god!!!, and yes, i know it's fun to take people places, but most of the time, everyone finds it intimidating, so it ends up working against u anyway...
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

There is no such thing as "the one", and if there is, they come along AFTER you are already married. I think the key is not so much to look for the girl who sweeps you off your feet at your age (although that is fine for the kiddies), but to look for the one whose annoying habits you can best live with and who can best tolerate YOUR bad habits. I know it is less romantic than Paris...

The trip to Paris had really deep meaning, as that was her dream, and she had told me that years earlier.

She is married now, so it is irrelevant.

Well, I wish I had allot of money, I am a pilot, that is my job.

The Trip to Paris was not to impress her, it had far more meaning then that. She told me this one night, years ago, and for me to remember that, years latter, that has to strike a chord in her mind.

Scorp I think you are generalizing him to much just by the way he posted. I don't think he is wrapped around materialistic things; he was just using that as an example to show he is a successful person who is READY.

As for your question, in my opinion, there are hundreds if not thousands of possible matches for each person. I think it is all about compatibility. There is no such thing as unconditional love. That only applies to the love a mother has about her son, etc. So how can there be true love if it is based on conditions?

Honestly sometimes I wish I was 5 years older so I could get a girl that is SERIOUS about a relationship, the way I am. So I guess you can look at it this way, chances are, the next girl you meet will want the same things as you. You definitely can't say that if you were 21-26, because half the time people just leave because they want to experience other things, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dprelz
    Scorp I think you are generalizing him to much just by the way he posted. I don't think he is wrapped around materialistic things; he was just using that as an example to show he is a successful person who is READY.

As for your question, in my opinion, there are hundreds if not thousands of possible matches for each person. I think it is all about compatibility. There is no such thing as unconditional love. That only applies to the love a mother has about her son, etc. So how can there be true love if it is based on conditions?

Honestly sometimes I wish I was 5 years older so I could get a girl that is SERIOUS about a relationship, the way I am. So I guess you can look at it this way, chances are, the next girl you meet will want the same things as you. You definitely can't say that if you were 21-26, because half the time people just leave because they want to experience other things, etc.

You are on the money. I moved away from many fine young women in college, so I could focus, and after for my job.

Meeting women use to be easy, college was plentiful, and meeting women in a bar was just for fun.

Secondly, I hate women that pursue me. I like rules girls. Any girl that offers sex on the second date, even if I work them up is a let down for me. She must be a challenge. Engineering school was a challenge, flight school was a challenge, my job is a challenge, racing cars is a challenge, I LIKE A CHALLANGE. She must be worth fighting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluevetteracer
    You are on the money. I moved away from many fine young women in college, so I could focus, and after for my job.

Meeting women use to be easy, college was plentiful, and meeting women in a bar was just for fun.

Secondly, I hate women that pursue me. I like rules girls. Any girl that offers sex on the second date, even if I work them up is a let down for me. She must be a challenge. Engineering school was a challenge, flight school was a challenge, my job is a challenge, racing cars is a challenge, I LIKE A CHALLANGE. She must be worth fighting for.
    i kinda know what you mean , if its given to you then it seems like its been spoiled and that it has less value . I also had lots of girls offer themselves to me when i was younger , but it always felt like it was not right . so i went after the ones that were a bit more difficult ""i wont have sex till i get married"" type ...what do you know , 2 months later im in their pants .