+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creative date ideas

Creative date ideas

Ok so there's a girl I've been on a couple dates with (two to be exact) and I'm looking for a good, somewhat creative date (at least trying to avoid anything vanilla like going to a movie). Does anyone have any good ideas for a date that most people wouldn't immediately and automatically think of? If it helps at all, she's a college senior and I'm just out of college.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Cook a meal together and then eat it by candlelight.
    Last edited by vashti; 07-11-06 at 09:58 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Cook a meal together and then eat it by canglelight.
    You know, after reading his post, I was going to say the exact same thing. I did it once on my roof, because I can (the way my house is built).

And did I get sex afterwards?

I know this is going to come off as a real shocker to a lot of you. No, really.

This is totally shocking.

You're going to be really surprised to find out whether or not I did.

Yes.

what did you do with her on your first couple of dates ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sami09 View Post
    what did you do with her on your first couple of dates ?

First date was just a low key coffee date (we met through a mutual friend and figured that would be a pressure-less atmosphere to get to know each other), and the second date was a nice dinner and then a live show at a local theater (slightly more innovative than just a movie).

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Go take a tango lesson.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Play a board game. I like scrabble.

Are you the intellectual type with loads of confidence? If so, visit a library. Check out a book of poems and take turns reading them to each other during a picnic. Bring a frisbee in case you get bored. Note: this is NOT a good date idea for a very busty, bottle-blonde.

Hmmm.....I like the picnic idea (even though it's cold outside.....might be kind of neat to do a picnic while sort of bundled up), although I'm not so sure about the poems idea. I get the feeling that really wouldn't fly all that well.

It's weird, I find myself listening to some of your guys' ideas and thinking "that sounds like a good idea, but it's almost too romantic for a third date." But then I think I'm a total idiot for thinking that.....isn't the whole idea of the first few dates to be romantic and try to "sweep the other person of their feet"? (yes I realize how sappy that sounds). The problem is that I've been in college the last few years where there really isn't an actual "dating scene", so I'm a little rusty on exactly how things should progress . . .

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No dating in college? WTF?? Were you in an all-male school?

No dating in college? WTF?? Were you in an all-male school?

What I mean is, things are vastly different in college. It tends to be a lot more "hooking up." I would have to say the majority of my friends who were involved at any level with a member of the opposite sex had more of a casual relationship than a romantic/dating type. Surely you have some idea of what I mean. I know a few other people my age who are kind of going through the same type of thing, where you actually have to take the initiative to meet girls in places other than sitting next to you in class or standing next to you and your friends at a party. It's just that adjustment period to a different lifestyle, that's all.
    Last edited by RogerWilco; 07-11-06 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerWilco View Post
    What I mean is, things are vastly different in college. It tends to be a lot more "hooking up." I would have to say the majority of my friends who were involved at any level with a member of the opposite sex had more of a casual relationship than a romantic/dating type.
    You're absolutely correct.

after the whole eat and movie thing got way to old for me, sometimes seing the same movie twice.
    so first date, i get her to pick ME up, and go to starbucks after that she usually takes me back home. second date, at my house ordered pizza, and watch a rent a movie

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeyesitis View Post
    after the whole eat and movie thing got way to old for me, sometimes seing the same movie twice.
    so first date, i get her to pick ME up, and go to starbucks after that she usually takes me back home. second date, at my house ordered pizza, and watch a rent a movie

You had her pick you up? Don't you have a car? Isn't that somewhat emasculating?

You had her pick you up? Don't you have a car? Isn't that somewhat emasculating?
    not really. who's picking up who again? who told her to pick me up? that's right
    i say, if you don't wanna' pick me up then don't worry about it.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by itsmeyesitis View Post
    not really. who's picking up who again? who told her to pick me up? that's right
    i say, if you don't wanna' pick me up then don't worry about it.
    And how many girls have actually bothered?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast