+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need date ideas.

My progress

This is my progress thread, please move it to personal development forum or any place more suitable.

So far:

If you had a good time togehter at the party. What would be the best idea for first date?

Finally I had closer connection with my year lasted crush, I walked her home. I got invited to a party where she is (I know its a setup) but damn it I just can't go because I have to work percisely that day... I tried to ask a friend for covering me, but he is going to a party too... It would be very unpolite to take this chance away from him...

It would be perfect chance. But that just can't happen. So I guess I have to call her and ask her out, but I am bad at dates.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by boobaa; 15-10-08 at 01:14 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

What kind of things is she interested in? Any interests you both share?

Otherwise you could ask her to just grab a bite to eat and if the lunch/dinner goes well you could invite her to walk through a park or something.

Well, she paints. but museum would be too boring maybe? Too... academical? Specially that I have the tendency to start talking about that stuff with too much expense and becoming non-personal maybe...

Its funny how life throws all kinds of obstacles at you, always gives you just a tiny bite.
    Last edited by boobaa; 11-10-08 at 01:31 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

The first date with a girl, you have her come over to your house and drink beer together.

That is also just not possible, lol.
    Don't expect anything.

picnic in the park?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

I feel like shit again. Oh, and its 10 degrees Celsius outside, and raining. I guess I have to make it a picnic inside then... But I am just not used to it and maybe it will turn out a bit awkward.

Just got my first payroll from this job, but I don't feel happy at all. I'd like to **** the job, but man's got to live. its a stupid rant but i don't have anything else to do right now, I just don't feel like doing anything.

Also, mods, you might aswell move this to the general advice forum...
    Last edited by boobaa; 11-10-08 at 02:42 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

If its that cold and rainy outside, for god sake...don't do an indoor picnic (sounds kind of weird). What kind of first date do you want? The kind where you don't have to talk much and just put off the pressure or the kind that allows both of you to communicate alot (choose this if you are already comfortable with her). If you are not comfortable with her yet then ask her to come to your place for a movie or watch a movie at the theatres. If you are comfortable talking to her then take her to a restaurant (there will be plenty of opportunies to get to know each other).

Just to let you know. A little update.

I got to go to a party. She was there, looking sexy. But there were a lot of people and very little room, and we felt really shy around each other... I didn't even got to touch her, epic failure. We sat side by side, and it was probably a huge turn off to her, she looked quite unhappy at the end. We changed sweet looks when I left. I know she actually likes me, but it was awkward yesterday. It was a setup and everyone was staring

So I am asking her out as soon as possible, it finally came to me. Should I apologize?
    Last edited by boobaa; 12-10-08 at 03:55 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

Apologize for what? It probably wasn't your fault that it was awkward since all those people were watching you. You could use the opportunity to joke with her about how uncomfortable it was.

I like Lastwish's idea of movie-watching for a date. Maybe you can find out what her favorite movies are and rent them? Then you could make her some popcorn and curl up on the couch with her.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I called her today, because I didn't see her in school. I blatantly kept the message short, asked her out, maybe it came too quick and I scared her off. She told me to call later, that she will think about it. So I did, and now she told me that not today, damn. So hopefully we call tomorrow as we agreed. I just want her to come and drink some tea/coffe with me and to talk things straight. I didn't told her exactly what it is all about because I thought it is obvious, but maybe it was wrong decision to be so blatant. Do you think it is a bad sign?

I have only once called a girl out to date like this, that succeeded, but then again I had known that girl a bit longer, been chatting on and off and even kissed. This time it is completely different and it required some steel balls to pick up the phone and make the call. We have been glancing each other for a year now.

If this doesn't work out, ok, at least I did everything I could, although it would be a pity. So, do you have any opinions bout where I might be going with this?
    Last edited by boobaa; 13-10-08 at 11:36 PM.
    Don't expect anything.

When you do eventually get her to get a drink with you, make it clear that you're asking her out. But don't make the conversation too heavy. Keep it light and flirty. If the date goes well, text her a sweet message on her cell or email her. Something like telling her you had a nice time and hope that she did as well.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well that doesn't sound too promising. I'd start getting ready to handle rejection in as dignified a way as you can. Don't show her it bothers you.

Jippy, she agreed finally. Wish me luck, i don't exactly know what and how i am i gonna say or talk heh.

Edit://
    Update: It was awesome. Although we didn't kiss, I definately can say she has some connection with me. She wanted to meet more.

sad thing about it is that she is going away in January, to another country for a year What can i do about that? I really like her. Damn, why I needed to wait so long...
    Last edited by boobaa; 15-10-08 at 12:59 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

I'd say worry about that when January comes... until then just go with the flow of things and see what happens! Good job!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast