+ Follow This Topic

Thread: online place for peace

anachronistic Guest

online place for peace

i am thinking about making an online place (preferably a forum) where people from all around the world can speak in any language they want.

i would divide the sections by languages spoken for organization. there would be multiple languages because not everyone can speak english. one of the ideas is to bring people that do not speak other languages closer together with people from other countries.

i want to help people from all around the world become friends. i want to help eliminate racism, help people communicate with people from other countries by helping them become multilingual individuals.

just curious what you guys think. how would you like to hear how someone from afghanistan feels about all this war nonsense? how would you like to learn japanese from a native speaker? how would you like to hear a german's view on what love is? how would you like to teach someone english? quite frankly i don't know much about china, france, spain, italy, or other countries! i would like to know what life is like there and give advice to people from these places!

i believe that meeting people from other countries has made me more optimistic and i have a higher respect for people from foreign countries.

i know, i know. i am reincarnating into some kind of hippie but that's okay. we put up so many walls with this stuff.

i want your thoughts suggestions tips etc. if it's a stupid idea, tell me! i don't want to waste my time on another one of my silly ideas!
    Last edited by anachronistic; 02-08-07 at 02:21 PM.

I like the idea, but how would you moderate the site?
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    that's a good point. i myself could moderate english and german text, being bilingual and all. i speak a bit of russian too, but not enough to moderate a russian speaking forum..

i would have to make friends with people that can speak certain languages, but also english or german.

And you'll do this in your copious free time between work and school? Better forget ever getting a girlfriend...
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    lol, some people wonder how i do all this. you're right i probably wouldn't be able to keep up with this. i already have one forum, but it's not getting any attention and i don't see it serving any real purpose.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i like how you've started to think big, but whatever happens to the small ideas that were never finished?? like that damn picture that is on your desktop that we've never seen??

secondly, i wouldn't go for this. world peace or just peace in general is like religion. i think everyone will argue over it and eventually it will turn to shit. people usually will have strong values about their cultures and their nations included. when you've got this sorts of differences of opinions, rioting always is the outcome.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Great idea! But you'll need to shell out some cash to build a good site. But it just might get you somewhere, like the dudes who started youtube. Then you can earn some real money!

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    i like how you've started to think big, but whatever happens to the small ideas that were never finished?? like that damn picture that is on your desktop that we've never seen??

secondly, i wouldn't go for this. world peace or just peace in general is like religion. i think everyone will argue over it and eventually it will turn to shit. people usually will have strong values about their cultures and their nations included. when you've got this sorts of differences of opinions, rioting always is the outcome.

raverboy
    good point. i think it's a matter of what kind of discussion is allowed. i can see people just joining to throw racial names around and stuff. thanks for pointing that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy1218 View Post
    Great idea! But you'll need to shell out some cash to build a good site. But it just might get you somewhere, like the dudes who started youtube. Then you can earn some real money!
    jimmy, you're talking to a professional webdesigner. i can build this kind of website for $10. That's all it takes (all i would have to do is buy the domain name). And my websites are free of charge. I already operate a forum and I have my own personal website.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    so as i stated before, where's the damn picture??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...