+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Tough Situation

Tough Situation

okay, well - i've been talking to this girl from about six months now. at one point it was labelled girlfriend/boyfriend, but she wanted to "delabelled" saying that nothing would be different. I was upset at first, and I learned to understand it. This is because we live 1200 miles apart right now, but with the hopes (and good chances) that we are going to end up together in college, or at least near each other. She does not want a long distance boyfriend.

But everytime there are family problems in my house, it seems I bring it up. She said it is because I'm picking fights with her, but I truthfully believe that it is because I am just looking for that extra bit of love from her. That I want to be as close as possible when things are rough. Anyway, she is adamant and will not change her mind.

Then, I made the mistake of saying that I rely on her for all of my love, which is not only completely false, but incredibly stupid. And that scared her. So she wanted to take a few days apart to get some space. I called her and told her that is wasn't true and that I did not mean for it to come out that way at all. We both say we love each other on a regular basis. But then I said it and she did not say it back. But is this a really bad sign? And I was going to visit her in 3 weeks. all the reservations were made and everything. The last she said was: "as of right now, I don't want you coming, but maybe I just need time to cool off"

She wants space but I have so much trouble with even a few hours not talking to her. We talk often and have been for the six months. I just get really lonely. I know it's bad to call her, so I won't anymore. What do I do? Just wait it out? It's just not as easy as it sounds.

Yeah, so she's not as into you as you are into her. Chances are she already has someone else in mind she's interested in seeing, but is trying to be nice about it.

At 1200 miles away I'd suggest that you consider finding a real girl to have a real relationship with. Unless you have the finances to support that kind of a relationship, it just won't work.

My wife and I dated for about 7 months before moving in together. Long distance. By long distance I mean that I was in Phoenix, AZ and she was in San Jose, CA. One of us would fly to see the other person ~ every 2 weeks on weekends.

That's a good amount of money to be spending on flights to maintain a relationship, but we could afford to do so.
    "Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."