+ Follow This Topic

Thread: please give me your opinion

please give me your opinion

Hi Guys, please share your opinion on this:

I bought my new car from this really cute and nice sales guy...while he was showing me how to use the GPS, he says:"say, you're taking me out for dinner..." "this restaraunt is really good.." I didnt really respond at the time except giggling and I dont think I showed any interest in that way during the whole process.

Two weeks later, I sent him an e-mail says:
    Thank you for helping me picking up my new car. There are still some functions I'm trying to figure out, maybe I could ask you about them later. If you happened to be in town, let me know and we could get coffee together!

The next day he replied:
    I'm so glad you're enjoying your new car! I'd be happy to help you figure out the functions any time. As for a cup of coffee, I'd love to! I live in **, but I make it to ** pretty often. Let me know when you have some free time, I could explain the functions to you at the same time.

I replied:
    Sounds great! You're a wonderful sales consultant! I'm free ** or **, give me a call when you get a chance to visit!

He didnt reply, and it's been 4 days, still havent heard from him! Well..he knows a lot of informations about me(from my application)..I dont know anything about him(age, whether single....) but I'd definitely like a chance to get to know him. Do you think he might be interested or just being polite? What should I do? I want to e-mail him again causually mention the coffee probaly in another week, do you think I'll look pathetic by doing that? THanks!

Its really hard to say but the ball is in his court. You're not in love with the guy so relax, wait a few days and if you dont hear back, move on. No big deal
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

its 50/50 on this one, i think he was a flirt with ya.... maybe to get $$$ on commission?. If he hasn't called you in 4 days i think he's moved on.

It's easy to take a salesman's interest personally, but it may be a mistake.

Don't pursue this any further until he calls.
    Spammer Spanker

oK, here's what happened during these couple days.

No calls for a week, and during the week I hit a curb (Erh, great...), so I had to e-mail him again:" I was going to ask you about this when we get a chance to meet up, but then I realized you are probably too busy this time of the year, which I totally understand. So, here's the problem with my car: ....."

Next day, he replied" Good to hear from you, we can help. Blah.Blah.." THen he offered to set an appointment for me with the body shop. No mentioning of the coffee and meet up. So, I asked if we could meet up beforehands to figure some functions out with my car, he says that's fine and what time would work for me..i replied with a time, no response, again..Erhh, OK, I got it, he's not interested!...so i went ahead set the appointment with the body shop myself, and e-mailed him: "I've set the appointment in two weeks, when I come in I might ask for your help with the GPS functions. If you were not available that's fine, I may be able to ask somebody else. Thanks a lot for your help!"

Here's his reply:"That's great. Sorry I will be too busy this week or next to meet up. But I can definitely help you with your car when you come in. Then, after that, maybe we can meet up for coffee or grab a bit to eat. See ya."

Great! Now he's offering a "grab to eat"? What's up with this guy? I'm about to give up cuz it's already getting too complicated that I'm starting to lose my interest. Opinion?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think he is interested, hun. If he were, he wouldn't be so vague with you. Sorry, but I think you ought to quit contacting him.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlemonster View Post
    its 50/50 on this one, i think he was a flirt with ya.... maybe to get $$$ on commission?. If he hasn't called you in 4 days i think he's moved on.
    Yea, generally, if there is someone I really like I call back pretty soon. Considering he is a salesman, his job is to be friendly, flirty, and anything to get on your side to sell you a car.

I think, sadly, you should keep your options open but sort of go with the mentality that he's moving on.

Sounds like he's a player to me. He's too busy keeping all his other dates in line, his "work-related" hookups are probably of lower priority.
    He may have liked you a bit, but obviously not enough. Move on. You'll feel better.

He's probably really busy with work and/or has a wife.
    he may have been slightly interested in you on the day you boguth the car, but after that he's had time to think on it and realised that it's probably a bad idea.

Some more info: 1. The flirtation occured after I bought the car. 2. I was not very nice to him when I was buying the car, kind of cold and unapproachable, avoided eye contact, because I was really nervous (As much as I hate it, I do that when I get really nervous around a guy). 3. I'm a young professional, six figure salary, and he knows that from my application..he probably thinks I'm arrogant or intimidated. (Bummer..i'm actually really nice) 4. I wasn't dressed up (hair tied up, no make up, look tired...) at all on those two occassions when I went to buy the car..he's probably not that impressed with my looks..although I'm actually attractive (men stare at me all the time when I walk on the street...)
    Anyways, you guys are probably right he's a player or just a salesman. What I'm gonna do is next time when I show up I'm gonna dress up and be nice and see how he reacts! Erhh..this is really frustrating..i have never asked a guy out. Now I know how hard it is to be a guy!)

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by questiongirl View Post
    Now I know how hard it is to be a guy!)
    Amen. Well, you can try to hook up with me if that doesn't work

LostNotFound Guest
    [QUOTE=miSSleepy;305068]He's probably really busy with work and/or has a wife.
    QUOTE]

i wanted to give you rep points but it wont let me

4 days isnt that long, he prob wants to make you wait

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by peace_maker20 View Post
    4 days isnt that long, he prob wants to make you wait
    I'm the master of this, and even I would've called after 4 days.

Yea guys, I'm sure he's not interested or has a gf. But at least he should have been a man and make it more clear. Whatever, I've lost my interest too, who sends a e-mail says "i'll be so busy this week and next...but after that maybe we can go out.." Screw it, am I Miss. Always Available or what..I'm over it.