+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks

From #1 New York Times bestselling author Nicholas Sparks comes the long-awaited follow-up to his classic tale of enduring love, The Notebook. After 30 years, Wilson Lewis, son-in-law to Noah and Allie (of The Notebook fame), is forced to admit that the romance has gone out of his marriage. Despite the shining example of his in-laws' 50-year love affair, Wilson himself is a man unable to express how he truly feels. With the distractions of his daughter's upcoming wedding he is forced to realize how close he is to losing his own wife Jane. But if Wilson is sure of anything, it's this: His love for his wife has only intensified over the years, and he wants nothing more than to make their marriage work. Now, with the memories of his in-laws' inspiring life together as his guide, Wilson pledges to find a way to make his wife fall in love with him. . . again. (source: bn.com)

Now for my review. I thought this book was absolutely amazing. If you liked The Notebook and you like Sparks other novels, you will love reading this book. Despite what the summary suggests, there is a lot in this book to make it a worthy read. It will really tug at your heartstrings. I mostly suggest this to the women of the forum since most men wont like it but if you are a romantic guy, you may like it too. The best thing about this book is the fact that it is easy summer reading. For anyone looking to read the book in a night or two (a week tops if you have limited time or you are a slow reader), this is the book for you. Hope my review helped and if you have any question about the book, feel free to ask. If you've read it already and you have something to add, then do that too.

ThisIsSuchAPity Guest
    I read this book too and I thought that it was really amazing. Nicholas Sparks is such an amazing author. I mean just look at how big of a hit 'The Notebook' was.(which is also awesome btw) The way he paints images and scenes is incredible. I wish to be as good when writing imagery as him one day. Seriously anyone who likes a good love story this is a wonderful book to read.

looks like a good book! i'll probably check it out.