+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long to wait for the return call?

How long to wait for the return call?

Ok so am I am bit antsy.

Anyway, I called a girl up on thursday and left a message saying that she should give me a call on friday. I hate leaving messages in the first place, but I tried all day to get her. I didn't exactly say why I wanted her to give me a call so maybe that has something to do with it. She hasn't called back yet and I don't want to call her again so soon.

How long should I wait before trying to call her again? The next time I will not leave a message, too much stress waiting.

How about see her?
    Will you see her somewhere again???
    The call.....? I don't know what to tell you man, because if you call her early, you will look desperate and if you call her late, it will look like your playing games in your own style of manner. So.......all I can tell you is.....
    ....don't screw it up!
    Sorry kid.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Wait one day. Call her in the evening or when you think she'll be home. If her answering comes on, then better say something that'll make her call you back.

I'd say any sooner than three days, and you seem deperate. I'd give the benefit of the doubt, messages get erased, people get busy, whatever. Anyway, I would call her again, and HOPE to have to leave a message, thus forcing her to call YOU back if she really wants to talk to you. If you call and she's there, you won't really know if she does, or doesn't, do you?? You kinda 'trapped' her.

If she doesn't return that second call, she would NOT get another call back.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

What is with the 3 day rule that guys have??? By that time I think that the guy isn't interested anymore.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I don't have a three day rule. I ALWAYS call a girl the day after a date. I think that's just good manners. I thought we were talking about something different here.

If I called YOU, and left a message "Fawn, call me back", and you did NOT call me back, I'm saying I would wait three days, call you again, and if I didn't hear from you after that, you'd never hear from me again.

Point being, I already called you ONCE, and am waiting for your response.
    Because a hard man is good to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron
    If I called YOU, and left a message "Fawn, call me back", and you did NOT call me back, I'm saying I would wait three days, call you again, and if I didn't hear from you after that, you'd never hear from me again.

The thing is, the message is so plain! Why should I call you back! Is it extremely important! What happens if I delete the message and then completely forget about it?

This is the unfortunate events of miscommunication... Is she worth a second call? Are you that interested in her? These are some questions that got to be answered before you give up all hope on the girl.

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn

I dont like to play games, if i want to call a girl im just going to call her, if i forget i forget, if i dont want to call i wont, ect, if i like the girl though ive found lately i can be really chatty, funny, interesting on the phone and keep a conversation going for up to hours with really any female, so when i do call i hafto expect we both might get caught up in conversation, which seems to happen alot with me..so i usually dont call females unless i have nothing else to do, or im making plans for something
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

Ill, try her again sunday night. I just remembered that she said something about having surgery so maybe she hasnt been home. I wont give up until I talk to her in person, but im not going to leave any more messages. Thanks guys.

Dude, I just remember something, I use to have this girl who would call me when I am not home. It's a good thing though because she was annoying as hell and I have wanted nothing to do with her. I'd say she calls at least 4-7 times a month. When ever I'd see her, she asked why I don't return her calls, I say that I am "busy" and hardly ever home. But now her calls have shrunk to 3 calls per month and I still don't answer, man I really wish she would give up, lol. But that's just me, talk to her and hope you don't get a response that I would say. Sorry kid.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy
    Dude, I just remember something, I use to have this girl who would call me when I am not home. It's a good thing though because she was annoying as hell and I have wanted nothing to do with her. I'd say she calls at least 4-7 times a month. When ever I'd see her, she asked why I don't return her calls, I say that I am "busy" and hardly ever home. But now her calls have shrunk to 3 calls per month and I still don't answer, man I really wish she would give up, lol. But that's just me, talk to her and hope you don't get a response that I would say. Sorry kid.
    I don't think that is the case, we parted on very good terms. Anyway if it is, at least I will get a straight anwser.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    I don't think that is the case, we parted on very good terms. Anyway if it is, at least I will get a straight anwser.
    Yes, so did we. I thought we were gonna be good friends because I am a friendly person. But I assume she took it the wrong way. I don't mean to ruin your project, but it's just a heads up. I want to help you as much as possible but we all need to see some progress with in you both. I'll be cheering for you.
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

i just reread the initial post, dude dont call more than once a day, shes going to think your some sycho obsessed with her or something, lol.. if you call and no one picks up, if you want her to call you back leave a message, if not let her check her ****in caller ID but just call her a couple days later or something..
    im the shit like mr.hanky

THROWING ROOTBEARS IN YO FRIDGE BEHATCH

no advertising
    Last edited by squirrley; 13-06-04 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironliftr3
    I don't have a three day rule. I ALWAYS call a girl the day after a date. I think that's just good manners. I thought we were talking about something different here.
    Have to side with Iron here Fawn. If a guy calls me that I'm dating, just him saying "call me back" is enough for me to call him back. Why wouldn't I? It's just common courtesy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Lover Boy
    she was annoying as hell and I have wanted nothing to do with her.
    Have you just tried telling her this? But in a nicer way of course. Why do you let it continue if it's that irritating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratfish256
    but I tried all day to get her.
    Clifton is right, that does sound a bit desperate. If she has call display that tells her how many times you called, she might be a bit turned off by that. Sunday is a good idea. Try her again, but DO leave a message that you want her to call you back. Just a simple, "hey, sorry I missed you. Call me back" will do. Then there is no wondering on your part. If she doesn't call back, then I would do like Iron says and let it go. If she's interested she will call back. Why wouldn't she?
    Last edited by Breezy18; 13-06-04 at 11:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast