+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Does she/Doesnt she. wat 2 du?

Does she/Doesnt she. wat 2 du?

Where do i start? This is a big one, but please read it, i cud really do with some good advice or comments.

I met a girl at my aunties house (their friends), and i REALLY fancied her. Im REALLY shy though and didn't do anything about it, or even string together a sentence. My auntie asked her in front of me if she liked me, and twice she turned away smilling.

I got her number off my auntie and eventually and texted her, asking her out (my first time ever), after my auntie told me she had been dumped by her boyfriend. She texted back saying i was a lovely lad but she wasn't ready for going out or anything and wanted to be mates. I understand that, but i still dont know whether that was a brush off. I also found out that she got dumped because she wouldnt have sex with her boyfriend, and he called her etc. Shes almost 18 been hurt by lads 3 times. I'm 21 and never had a girlfriend - or even been close to one. Her ex was younger than me, and she might think i want the same, but im not that type of lad. Shes a bit dizzy/naive etc, and the other lads treated her badly. I dont think shes used to lads like me. she doesnt seem to want to be alone with me. i have texted her i wasnt looking for anything serious -meaning sex- and just want to get to know her, but she didnt really respond to this directly.

Also, we had a bbq at our house and i invited her because my auntie was coming too. She came, but i dont know whether it was for me or my auntie. We talked a bit, but its hard in front of my family. i did notice that we kept looking at each other, but looking away as our eyes met.????????????

Theres more problems as well. shes a jehovas witness, and her mum is really strict with her, she doesnt have much freedom.she would get 'MURDURED' if her mum found out what she did, or if she was with a lad. Ive heard my auntie say shes not allowed a bf till shes 18, sometime in August. I dont think she takes being a jw too seriously, but her mum does.

Another thing is that we are the complete opposites of each other, shes dizzy, wild, outgoing, loud etc, whereas im quite quiet and shy. we are also from different family backgrounds i.e. shes from a council estate, im from suburbs. she also thinks shes thick and is regularly told so, she finished school at 16 whereas i have a degree. Shes not thick, just a bit dizzy. She appears really confident, but i dont know whether this is an act, as she appears a little shy around me. but i think we have the same morals, such as trust, only wanting one person etc. what would she see in someone as unconfident as me? Does the introvert - extrovert thing work?

I asked her to my cousins wedding reception, but she said she was going out with friends, and it had been organised for a while. I was then told be my auntie she'd been round her house and told her id asked her (looking a bit co cky). She also said she'd had been out anyway.

I dont know what to think, i met her about 2-3 yrs ago, and havnt really showed any interest in her b4 -all though i am. Ive been with her about 5 times in total since. Does she think it strange ive asked her out out of the blue?

Any comments. PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!!

I would suggest just being a friend right now and let things develop on their own.

Oh well, no offence but Jehovah Witnesses don't belong to any church...it's not even a real church, it's a sect. It's not a good thing, they collect money, and moreover, they act like protestants but in reality they have a hidden purpose - they don't value the Bible and Jesus as Higher Authority like Christianity teaches, but they seem to value some of their own books more. No offence...

As to the girl, she's just torn between her mom, her teachings and her own desires. She might doubt some of the things she's been told for ages, but still she's a little bit scared of doing what she wants to do such as sex and stuff. Don't rush her, it takes time. become friends with her, tell her what you've posted here - be honest with her. You might not have had a lot of experience in the past but that would only do good in this situation - as soon as she realizes that you're not like the other guys she's been with she'll trust you more and might show more interest in you.

As for exchanging glances - usually when two people like each other they tend to look away because they're shy, not because they're not interested.
    I have it all. Including kino.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Originally posted by Killerbabe

As for exchanging glances - usually when two people like each other they tend to look away because they're shy, not because they're not interested.
    i think people look away because they've been caught looking at the other person. once is fine, but if it contintues to happen, there usually is interest.

however to reply to andy, i would say just take time to get to know her because you never know what could happen. take time because you have a lot of it on your hands. why rush something that you're so unsure of? and about the differences in personality. nevermind concentrating on the bad, instead this might be a good thing because opposites does attract and it does add spark to a relationship. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Get to know her first before making any serious moves.