+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I with a crazy girl?

Am I with a crazy girl?

Since I am having quite a lot of trouble with my gf recently, I now wonder whether she is crazy or I am being wrong all the time. So I've made a list with all the things I think she is crazy because of. I know a few of those are not an alarming indication, but what about all of them together?

I'll share it with you in the most unbiased way possible and let you decide for yourself. I would like to hear your opinions, so if you have questions ask away. Thanks.

. She has a past of being sexually abused as a child - twice.
    . Witnessed parents divorce as a kid.
    . She hates her dad and disowned him when she grew up, because "he doesn't care for the family".
    . She lives with her mother, but she hates her, and thinks she is an abusive ***** (and in fact she is).
    . She was being fired from her job twice (since we've met), and is still jobless.
    . She never finished 12th grade.
    . She believes in astrology quite a lot, also in unexplained energies in the universe.
    . She hates kids and fervently refuses to have any. She says she wants to get her tubes tied just in case. And says girls who want kids are crazy.
    . Tried to commit suicide three times in the past, and was on antidepressants for some years.
    . She seems to hang out with all the guys I despise, which are mostly the ones hitting on her and wanting to have sex with her.
    . She has no girl friends (literally - none, and the only girl she trusts is a long-distance person she never met, and calls her "my sister").
    . She had 15 failed relationships, including one engagement.
    . She always says her exes are immature, possessive or bipolar. She almost never says anything good about them.
    . She loves animals more than people, in fact she hates people and thinks we're a plague to the planet and we should all perish (her true words).
    . She owns two cats, a dog, a gecko, a bird, a snake, a bearded dragon, a decorative shark, a newt... hmm must be forgetting something, yeah she also used to own hamsters and a duck and a bunch of other animals too I already forgot about.
    . She is a vegetarian.
    . She gets annual seasonal depression and afterwards she gets rude, reckless and provoking (at which time most of her relationships break up).
    . She has OCD.
    . She is constantly putting me down for hanging out with other girls (or even men), while I am forbidden to voice my own opinion because when I do I am being immature or overly jealous.
    . I am being told "Stop it!" often.
    . She is obsessed with marriage and being "old".
    . She thinks "stupid people" should be told they are "stupid" because otherwise they will just continue to be "stupid".
    . She has an extreme fear of cold and gets miserable when it's cold. She hates snow.

I might be forgetting some, but I will add later if I come up with more.

Crazy? Dunno. Abusive? For sure. Her mom's abusive, she learned some of it there. Disowned her dad? Was he the one that abused her?

I've said it to you previously, and I'll say it again - She needs help, or you need to leave. It won't magically get better.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    Crazy? Dunno. Abusive? For sure. Her mom's abusive, she learned some of it there. Disowned her dad? Was he the one that abused her?

I've said it to you previously, and I'll say it again - She needs help, or you need to leave. It won't magically get better.
    She told me she wants to leave me today, and whatever I say is just being turned against me.
    I also suggested she seeks help in a matter most delicate. She got mad at that.

But the point is, something in my head called "instinct for self-preservation" has been activated and now I wonder is it me really or it's her.

She has serious issues. Personally speaking sexual abuse is not easy to get over. Period.

As a girl who has some similarities to your gf, I am telling you she needs help. She needs to deal with her past issues. "Crazyness" is always a side effect of abuse in my experience.

If you care about her, you can try to help her if that's what you want. I can offer suggestions. But all things you do ultimately need to led her to seek counseling because that's what she really needs.

Quote Originally Posted by hav0k View Post
    She told me she wants to leave me today, and whatever I say is just being turned against me.
    I also suggested she seeks help in a matter most delicate. She got mad at that.

But the point is, something in my head called "instinct for self-preservation" has been activated and now I wonder is it me really or it's her.
    Might be both, to be fair - but she's definitely got issues. Abusive people are excellent at blaming someone else... and at making others believe it's their fault.

If you can rattle off a "cons" list like that then I would think its time to find a girl who doesn't have those issues.

Specifically, I would say she probably has borderline personality disorder, also anxiety. There will be no end to the drama with this woman. Get out now while you still can.

She's a waste of time. Don't **** her more than once a week and try to avoid her ever coming to where you live.

Just crazy. Leave it .

Objectively, she has serious mental issues, yes.
    Because we have to chase him. Because he's the hero Gotham deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Funny how you included "She's a vegetarian" in the crazy list .

Yeah, I also think she has mental issues.