+ Follow This Topic

Thread: we're drifting apart

King Zarathu Guest

we're drifting apart

hey guys..

yeah, we seem to work things out pretty good but this is a toughy to get things together. she seems so distant, and to her i seem very distant. things are just drifting apart and i haven't seen her for 2 weeks now, and another week to go. i just.. man. i know it's probably my fault. and things go good again when i put things on Turbo Boost Mode. when i'm my usual funny-as-hell self--dude i can make some ppl giggle like crazy they never stop. i made one of my ex's laugh so hard she started squeaking REALLY loud that the whole class stopped and the teacher next door came and took her down to the nurse. heh heh it was great. anyways back on topic. do i just need to go back to turbo boost style? i'm NOT gonna let this relationship sink without doing something about it.

I know exactly what you are feeling LTsK8eR2gO, I am currently feeling the exact same way right now. My girlfriend has pushed me away 1 too many times. I feel like a spring that has lost its spring because its been bent out of shape too many times, and my girlfriend has lost the fire she had when we were together. She no longer looks at me the same, she has to TRY to be happy when she's around me. I really care about this girl and I don't know what to do. I want to sit down and give her an ultimatum "I love you, but if you can't start finding time for our relationship, it can't go on" sorta thing... but this might just make matters worse. I'm really considering going to a relationship therapist would anybody consider that wierd to go to relationship therapist over a girlfriend? I really feel like this girl loves me but I think she has stopped putting her all into the relationship... I need to find a way of letting her know that this can't go on like this forever. I need to find a way to sit down and open the communication up. Any suggestions?

For sk8er, I'm a bit confused as to the details here. But honestly, if you drift apart after only 2 weeks apart then there seems to be not much connection between you in the first place.

For xareon, I wouldnt think it odd to go to relationship therapy at all, hell I wish I could have gone to therapy with my (possibly ex now?) girlfriend. I say go for it if she is willing, and figure it out one way or another. For the past 2 months of school or so my girlfriend and I have had problems with her worrying about long distance and such and its just alot of stress to be worried all the time. You can't deal with it for too long.

Good luck to you both

King Zarathu Guest
    8 month relationship. but--she's not pushing away, i'm sure it's my fault. i'm not gonna let this relationship go into the shits. she's in love w/ me and i'm in love w/ her but she's not giving her all (like what xareon said) into the relationship.

but i'm gonna stir up some moves and create an attractive atmosphere in case anything happens

King Zarathu Guest
    hey guys--i had a change of plan. i was on Yahoo! MSGer w/ blue and she said so be extremely strong and secure and always do the right thing. i agree--but last night was a disaster. i went to sleep crying because i couldn't keep my mind off of her and my parents FINALLY shut their light off and went to sleep. i snuck downstairs and turned my computer on and started chatting with her. i told her i was done feeling pain w/ her and it was gonna stop NOW. she told me to call her immediately and i did. i bitched her out about EVERYTHING she did wrong with no pity whatsoever or guilt of any sort.

she tried to guilt trip me and started crying about how hard it was for her when she doesn't call me because she's extremely busy and i said "dude it doesn't bother me, but when you do it doesn't hurt to say 'i love you' once a month, does it?" dude--she realized crying wasn't working and stopped at once. i'm serious, she straightened up IMMEDIATELY and now we're both on an excellent level and things are goin' great.

what do i do now? just act normally? what did i do wrong and what should i do differently next time?

lol, this is a little weird. hmm. I would say be your regular funny self that makes everyone giggle. And if she tries that shit like before..give it to her again..but if she messes up like that AGAIN after the second confrontation..i wouldn't even try...i would get out of the relationship :/ I doesn't seem to me like you did anything wrong to begin with...but then again..i dont have all the details..

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

King Zarathu Guest
    I would say be your regular funny self that makes everyone giggle.
    awww now i REALLY wanna kiss you hee hee i'm just playin' thanks dude that's big encouragement

what do i do now? just act normally? what did i do wrong and what should i do differently next time?[/QUOTE]

hey honey how are you i see that you guys found a way to work things out thats great! and to answer your question you didint do anything wrong, and just act like yourself and be honest remember that COMMUNICATION IS KEY! just act like you the crisis is over dude the lil bump in the rd is gone now every relationship has them. Remember to be a good listener, and that she has feeelings too and dont ever disregard the way you feel either.
    xoxoxoxo blue

King Zarathu Guest
    blue!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's **** right now. *rar*

it ****ing pisses me off that she never calls me though.. even though she's really busy--i wish she would call me more often i haven't seen her in 2 and a half weeks and it makes me sad

WELL dont freak out about it again. ONCE AGAIN COOMUNICATION IS KEY!!!!!!

King Zarathu Guest
    *goes down on blue*

man whore^

"In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes..." -Andy Warhol

King Zarathu Guest
    i'm a man SLUT not a man WHORE! *cough* i don't charge.. heh heh all bitches are good when i'm drunk