+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dont understand

Dont understand

My boyfriend and I haven't been dating very long, its been 2 months. I know thats NOT long AT ALL... but heres the thing, we both know that we want to be with each other. We instantly had this connection when we first met. We have a 2 hr distance between us, but we see each other every weekend. Since we are so busy with school, and work during the day.

Know, hes one of those, I dont let you know my emotions kind of a guy. He's grumpy a lot of the time, but its nothing towards me. His job puts a lot of stress on him, since hes on call 24/7.

3 days ago, He told me he needed some time and some space. It came out of nowhere. I dont understand at all. Everything was going so perfect, we said I love you, and talked about moving in with each other at the end of this year.

He told me he didnt lie about any feelings, and if i want this to work give him the time that he needs, he said he wont be talking to any other girls, and that he loves me, and will miss me. I had got him a gift, and asked him what I should do with it, he said to keep it till I see him again.

When I asked why this was happening, he told me that there are some things that he needs to work on that he didnt think would get in the way, but are.. and he has to work on them before he can dive off too deep into this relationship. he said it was personal, and something that he is not strong in that department. I didnt aske for any information about it, because I dont need to know, if its that important to him. He told me that He doesnt know how long this break is, it would be untill he got this issue settled...

Now I believe him, because for the few days before this, I could really tell that something was bothering him. He was short, but he was really trying to show me that he loves me. I'm giving him the time and space that he needs, even though this hurts me, and is so hard. I want things to work. My heart literally aches for him right now.

I gave in yesterday and sent him one message, I got scared, and let my mind start wondering.. I asked if he really did love me and want this to work? He said "yes I do." then I said "really, are you 100% sure? He said yes...

He also told me not to worry that he would text every now and then.... but its been 3 days, I dont want him to forget about me.

Now my question is..... If he loves me so much why hasn't he texted or called to check on me, or let me know anything.. I just long to talk to him, not even about the break, or anything. Just to tell him Hello, and good night, and I miss him. Its killing me.

Our relationship hasnt been long, but its not like a relationship that I've ever had before, my feelings for him are strong, and honest.

Love is confusing, relationships are confusing. One of my friend broke up with his girl just because he got tired, wanted something new, have fun. But he still likes his girl; he feels like he needs to have some fun before MAYBE committing to her.

Good luck though. I hope things will go well for you. But remember; it's not the end of the world and it will get easier with TIME.

How did you meet this guy? He sounds like he's married or in some other romantic relationship. Have you ever been to his house?
    When I asked why this was happening, he told me that there are some things that he needs to work on that he didnt think would get in the way, but are.. and he has to work on them before he can dive off too deep into this relationship. he said it was personal, and something that he is not strong in that department. I didnt aske for any information about it, because I dont need to know, if its that important to him. He told me that He doesnt know how long this break is, it would be untill he got this issue settled...
    He only sees you on the weekends.. how much "space" does he need?

Personally if a guy told me that after only two months of dating I'd tell him goodbye and then work on getting over my disappointment that an actual relationship didn't form. If he called me when he got through this "personal" thing and I was still single I'd evaluate whether I'd take a chance on him again or not, then.

You are putting way too much into someone you've only seen on weekends for a two month period. That's someone you've been in the same company with 8 times. Not worth the "heart ache" you're conjuring up for yourself and focusing on when you should be doing your best to forget him all together. 8 times (16 if you want to count the weekends as two days) you've seen him and he wants "space" and he won't tell you why. Thats a huge red flag that I think you'd be foolish to ignore.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Wow. Thanks! You're completely right... He's not married, and not involved with anyone else. I've been to his house, a lot. But I agree, why after only 2 months does he think he needs his space. It didnt make any sense to me either.