+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with someone I shouldn't be...

In love with someone I shouldn't be...

I need help,
    I have fallen for my manager at work. He is friendly, kind and funny. Everytime we make eye contact I feel funny and tingly all over and get that heavy hearted feeling because I know it's wrong. I think about him constantly but he is in a relationship and he's my boss two big fat no no's.
    He is always nearby at work as he is my direct manager, so I can't get away from him. He also seems like a good man who wouldn't cheat on his partner which makes me like him even more. I don't want to be THAT woman either.

Things are really awkward between us and we are avoiding each other at the moment because I think he's guessed I really like him and I'm trying my best to forget him but it's not working!! I even ignored him when he said hello as I was so busy daydreaming about him whilst working I didn't realise he'd walked past behind me and spoke til he had gone. It's really starting to affect my working life. The thing is every now and then we catch each others gaze and it's one of those moments when time stands still and omg I'm back to square one. I'm now wondering if he has feelings too.

My dilemma is this....
    Do I attempt to clear the air as I feel like I've annoyed him and tell him exactly how I feel, but that I know it can never happen?

Or carry on feeling awkward and hope I can get over him?

Or find another job, but this would take ages?

I really need some good advice, thanks..

there is no "can't" there is no "hope". JUST GET OVER HIM. Meaning.. we can't change who we're attracted to- but we CAN control how much we think about them and in what way. STOP dayderaming. STOP fantasizing about being together, etc.

If you find you are not able to do this - transfer depts at the company if you can. If you can't.. find another job (unless it's a career job you must have).

There is no "can't" - just what we choose or choose not to do.

It's all your choice.

Listen do this - Get on okcupid. Register there. put on a nice pictures and then just reply to all the nice messages you get. Start chatting with local guys and go on a dates with them. You need to get some life to forget about guy at work. Falling for manager is a sign that you dont have much in your life going. Perhaps you havent seen good guys for a good while.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will