+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminists & Babies

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Feminists & Babies

What's so hard to understand about this argument?

A man and a woman are equally responsible for bringing a child into this world. The woman, however, pays the greater consequences. She has the most to lose, and while both parties should be equally concerned with contraception, the man can afford not to be.

What's so goddamn hard for certain women to get that into their thick skulls? It's like they go nuts and desperately point out that the man's as responsible. Yes. I know. And in a fair world he'd suffer equal consequences. However, in reality that isn't the case.

If I knock you up tonight I can be gone tomorrow. If you find me that just means I have to fork over a portion of my pay every month. That's it. You, on the other hand, have to decide whether to bring the child to term or get an abortion. If you have the child you've got to feed, clothe and shelter it. You've got to see to its future. YOU are the one who suffers the real consequences. Therefore YOU should be DEEPLY concerned with contraception.

I'm not trying to say the man shouldn't be equally concerned, assuming he's a decent, reasonable guy. But most aren't. Ultimately it's your body and your life that gets screwed if something goes wrong, not his.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

tru dat. If a woman wants to abort, the man has no say but if the man wants to abort.. too bad. Doesn't sound like equality to me

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure how this is a feminist issue, Gribble. This is simply a fact of life that all women must contend with.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, she was a self-styled feminist. Self-righteous, emotional and seeking any and all excuses to be pissed. I can't stand emotional people. It's like dealing with an animal.

Besides, feminist doesn't mean the same thing today. Today a feminist is a woman who hates men and can't shut her goddamn mouth.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Yeah, well I like animals and they are easy to deal with. Emotional people are not the same.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Today a feminist is a woman who hates men and can't shut her goddamn mouth.
    I hate that feminism has been given this pejorative label by stupid young girls that know nothing about how different their lives could have been. They've let the crazy extremists define a whole movement.

Anyway, you are right about birth control. No sense in getting all up-in-arms about it... it's just a fact that needs to be accepted, rather than struggled against.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, she was a self-styled feminist. Self-righteous, emotional and seeking any and all excuses to be pissed. I can't stand emotional people. It's like dealing with an animal.

Besides, feminist doesn't mean the same thing today. Today a feminist is a woman who hates men and can't shut her goddamn mouth.
    You should have f*cked her and left her with child, just to prove a point.

this pretty much explains what feminism is today

Lol nothing like a little misogeny to counteract your ideas of feminism.

I don't see why guys are upset by this consequence. We're the ones that have to deal with it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

And in a fair world he'd suffer equal consequences. However, in reality that isn't the case.
    And here I thought you'd actually disagree with her or bar her need of arguing for it. Guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    Lol nothing like a little misogeny to counteract your ideas of feminism.

I don't see why guys are upset by this consequence. We're the ones that have to deal with it.
    Lmao, you mean "misogyny?" If you're gonna make a wisecrack, at least know how to spell what it is you're talking about. Also, I fail to see how anything we said qualifies as hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women. You girls crack me up with your poor attempts to sound witty and intelligent

why you mad?
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    Lmao, you mean "misogyny?" If you're gonna make a wisecrack, at least know how to spell what it is you're talking about. Also, I fail to see how anything we said qualifies as hatred, dislike, or mistrust of women. You girls crack me up with your poor attempts to sound witty and intelligent
    You might want to rein in that condescension. It is really unattractive. She made a valid point, and you are smart enough to know it.
    Last edited by vashti; 13-11-10 at 01:25 PM.

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree with Vashti,all jokes aside, feminism has got to be one of the most important movements in the west of the last 100 years. It would have been awful to see people with the ability of my mum or my sister relegated to domestic duties or a typing pool. But feminism is very "uncool" now. I know very few girls who would admit to being feminists, most wrinkle up their nose at the word.
    Is it burnin'? Well, f-ck, now you're learnin'.

So what do you call a man who hates women and can't shut his goddamned mouth?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast