+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What is going on in her head?

What is going on in her head?

2 months ago my girlfriend left me. We had been together 3 years and everything was great. Talked a great deal about marriage and the only problem was when I got a job in another state. I didn't have any other options so we did the distance thing. We took a break because it was too hard for her emotionally with me gone. Then a few months later we tried working things out when I moved back. After three weeks she said her feelings weren't the same as they used to be. A couple weeks pass and we tried to work things out but I started placing restrictions on the relationship because I was not together emotionally. She didn't like this so she decided not to work things out for now. since then there has been texting every week. She even texts when at a concert and is very open about what is going on in her life.

To make sure I wasn't being drug along I didn't text her anymore. two weeks go by and then i get a text late at night on a week night "Hey I was just thinking about you, hope your having a great summer : )" I didn't respond and five days later texted her saying I need to be left alone. Then the next day I text asking why she texted me. She says she shouldn't have and was sorry. I then told her I loved her and wished things turned out differently. I then told her I would be open to coffee in a couple weeks if there was any sincerety behind her text. She then responded she would call me later next week. This was last wednesday. It is now friday of the following week and I have not heard anything. What do you make of this?

Secondly, I checked her facebook through a friends since i'm not on there and her profile pic is one i took of her while on a trip we took together. Does this mean anything or am I just fishing for hope?

Any help would greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Down&Out View Post
    2 months ago my girlfriend left me. We had been together 3 years and everything was great. Talked a great deal about marriage and the only problem was when I got a job in another state. I didn't have any other options so we did the distance thing. We took a break because it was too hard for her emotionally with me gone. Then a few months later we tried working things out when I moved back. After three weeks she said her feelings weren't the same as they used to be. A couple weeks pass and we tried to work things out but I started placing restrictions on the relationship because I was not together emotionally. She didn't like this so she decided not to work things out for now. since then there has been texting every week. She even texts when at a concert and is very open about what is going on in her life.

To make sure I wasn't being drug along I didn't text her anymore. two weeks go by and then i get a text late at night on a week night "Hey I was just thinking about you, hope your having a great summer : )" I didn't respond and five days later texted her saying I need to be left alone. Then the next day I text asking why she texted me. She says she shouldn't have and was sorry. I then told her I loved her and wished things turned out differently. I then told her I would be open to coffee in a couple weeks if there was any sincerety behind her text. She then responded she would call me later next week. This was last wednesday. It is now friday of the following week and I have not heard anything. What do you make of this?

Secondly, I checked her facebook through a friends since i'm not on there and her profile pic is one i took of her while on a trip we took together. Does this mean anything or am I just fishing for hope?

Any help would greatly appreciated!
    Seriously?

You took 5 days to text her back, at which time you told her to leave you alone. Then you text her twice more in the next day, one of which was a declaration of love... Which she already said she'd lost for you.

She just said she'd call you so you'd leave her alone. It's time for you to move on.

Thanks for the input. I waited 5 days because I just felt like I was moving on and texting her back right away would only drag me back into it. Then i did text her very politely asking her to give me space. The next day i did text her saying i loved her and apologized for something from our past that was on my mind. I wasn't forcefull or anything. I just gave her the choice of meeting up for coffee or giving me space. I texted her that friday as well wishing her a good weekend with a smiley face at the end. She responded wishing me well but finished it off with an exclamation point. Without getting into to much detail am I handling this wrong? its hard with the emotion. Do I pursue or back off or is it truly over and I just need to get on with my life? any perspective would be great!

I understand the flip flopping wasn't a good thing but sometimes its hard to think straight.

Texted her this morning as well said " Hope you had a good week" she responded right away "Thanks you too : )" little confused by all of this.....