+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some good female advice

Need some good female advice

I was on a dating site in New Zealand and really connected with a girl from out of town. We eventually started talking on the phone (every night for hours). This was over 6 weeks until we met at her place for dinner. Well i spent the weekend there !!!!

After a month of going away on romantic weekends she said to me that she was not ready for a relationship as her previous relationship was a bit of a nightmare......stalker, broke into her house and is constantly looking over her shoulder scared he might be there.

She had spoken to her mum and said i dont want to loose Geoff, i miss Geoff terribly but i just cant love until my previous goes away or finds someone as he is still haunting me even though i have a protection order on him to stay away.

So she just wanted to be friends!!!

Well as you can imagine with a guy with high emotions and her with none it had complications and she ran.........because i ran after her. She immediately thought shes got another stalker on her hands.....which i am so so not

So i am not going to contact her for a month, (Its been 2 weeks now) I am going to do my very best to get over her but deep down i know she is missing me. We connected on every level and really dont want to loose that.

So the big question is.....if she hasn't contacted me after a month i want to send her an email but not sure what approach.

Should i just say I'm really sorry for what happened
    Should i just say i do want to be your friend
    Or maybe you could suggest something

Anyway Thanks

You shouldn't of chased her when she asked you for time. All you can do is wait now. Try sending her an email to see if she's still interested, and respect her time restraint now.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think if she were all that interested in you in the first place, she wouldn't have told you she need time apart. Therefore, I think you should just move on, and let her contact you if she ever wants to see you again.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well i am not going to give up....I am 44 and have had a few relationships before so know a bit about how someone feels..........and I'm going to leave her to contact me.

The one thing she did say and i believe she meant it " Geoff i dont want to loose you"

Wish me luck hehe smiles