+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I be less clingy??

How can I be less clingy??

I'm having a bit of a problem here. I'm in my first relationship with someone. This isn't her first relationship though, so she isn't nearly as crazy about me as I am her.

We live about thirty miles away from each other, but we go to the same school. We met last year when we chose to go to a Career Tech Center for graphic art. Anyways, I'm seventeen but I don't have my license yet. But she does. So she does a good deal of the driving, and I know that's not right. I'll have my license within a week though, and I already have a car.

Now to the clinginess. Like I said, this is my first relationship, so I absolutely adore this girl. So much that I always want to talk to her, and I try to see her whenever I can. Sometimes, I get these thoughts. It's like I'm always wondering if she's lying to me. Always wondering if she says she has to do something just to get away from me. So I always want to make sure of things, because I don't want to be hurt. I don't want to be this way. I'm always constantly thinking about her. And honestly, it's not fun. I'm just too clingy, and I know it. So I really need some advice on how to be less clingy.

And don't get the wrong idea, we love seeing each other, whenever we're together, things are great; It's pure magic! I just need to get over the fact that there are other things she likes doing, and that we can't always be with each other.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated! =)

Thanks!
    -Scott

Well, noticing that this is a problem of yours is definitely a good sign. That means you're okay with taking steps to improve it.

I think something that might help you would be to get involved in more things in your own life. Such as friends, sports, school, anything you enjoy. And just remind yourself that she probably isn't lying to you just to get away from you, she just has her own stuff to do.

I would just like to add that for this being your first relationship, you are very good at it. Most people are either crazy jealous and clingy in their first relationship, or have no idea what they're doing most of the time. So, kudos to you!

Find something else to do. Get your own life.