+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maturity question?

Maturity question?

I'll try to keep this brief and to the point, I got a few things running through my mind right now. If you read my other thread, then you know there was a girl from one of my classes I liked, and now have her as a friend on facebook. The things that attracted me to her is that she is cute, funny, and I got along with her in the few interactions I had with her. However, after looking through her profile and pictures, I've noticed something that I noticed in class that made me a bit hesitant, that she's quite a bit younger than me. I am close to 5 years older than her, she just turned 18 a few months ago, and I turn 23 this month. Most of the time I was pretty smitten with her, but then there were times where I got kinda turned off by how she was acting. (sorry, I can't think of a specific thing she did, just acting like an 18 year old girl). Now I can't really blame her for acting her age, but do I want to go out with a girl who may throw a tantrum because she didn't get what she wanted or something along those lines? I've always considered myself more mature than most guys my age, which I think comes from everyone in my family, including extended family, being either older or younger by a few years, so I always tried to fit in with the older group. With that said, I have had very little experience with dating and whatnot, plus I am super shy, so I'm not sure how mature I am relationship-wise. Maybe it would be better to date someone younger who's not expecting too much out of a relationship?

I don't know, hence the long post, so any advise or thoughts are appreciated

If you don't have a strong pimp-hand, that 18 year old princess is going to run you ragged and piss you off more than she's worth. Consider looking for an older woman that's willing to give you some relationship experience without all the drama.

If you're already finding her immature and you're not even dating then I would warn you against it just on the basis of that alone. This could really become an issue if you're a couple.

Plus, you're going to be in completely different life stages when you graduated and she's only beginning college. You may not be able to relate to each other as well.

I would advise dating a woman around your age as well. Especially since it seems that you value maturity as a trait.
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

I see your points. Although, this was my first semester of college, I didn't go right out of high school. Thanks for the advise though

Have you considered sleeping with her sister instead? lol

Quote Originally Posted by speakerspoke View Post
    Have you considered sleeping with her sister instead? lol
    I think someone needs to take the strong pimp hand to this troll ^^
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Ha, not sure if she has a sister, but I'll check on that. Reading your replies though, it does seem wiser to just let it go and find someone else. It's hard to control who you like

Quote Originally Posted by starbuck View Post
    I think someone needs to take the strong pimp hand to this troll ^^
    You sound tolerant and fun!

Do you know karate or wwf wrastling as well? lmao!

Anyway, you look kind of adorable in your little brown uniform, if a bit dated, what is it, a German designed circa 1933? lol

Oh, good grief, man. You're only at the beginning of any of it. Enjoy without judging. In my forties, my lovers were in their twenties; in my sixties, they're in their forties. Neither of us ever even think about how old we are or aren't. We just follow the connections.
    Speak less. Say more.