+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This so-called "maturity"

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

This so-called "maturity"

OK so on the issue of maturity, what girls often claim guys don't have and want more of...

I don't think these girls even know what maturity is on a deeper basis than how a guy acts in social settings, in bed, or one of the other layers of intimacy that seems to be all girls my age know. Are they confusing general maturity with specifically "sexual maturity" or maybe just experience?? That seems to be it, they're fuccking confusing words. Or let's talk about actions. Girls think when a guy acts in ways, such as simply a dudes mannerisms, that if he is acting how older guys do he is more mature

For me, I see him as mature when I am talking to him and we question each other in debates and he have a realistic point of view about things and behave accordingly. He is mature when he can be dependable, honest, and hold himself accountable for his actions and does not have to blame the world for everything that happens to him. To me, maturity is being realistic--he thinks long and hard about his beliefs/values and why he have those beliefs/values.
    Last edited by lesa; 17-06-08 at 05:32 AM.

DM-having been through some tough dating, I've found men in all brackets in all ages and they all act differently. I think some women who are college bound want a man whose done partying done screwing a different person every week, etc. I don't think some womens perception of maturity deals with sex explicitly. It's in the overall package of a man. What he's done with his life or not done.

It also depends on a females age and their experiences. A woman throughout her life will change what is important to her based on her relationship experiences. Every relationship dictates what they bring or don't bring to the next relationship. If a woman doesn't want someone who plays video games all the time she sure as hell will probably look to find someone whose not into them. Or if they date someone whose partying every weekend and they don't like it, they find someone whose not a big partier.

Maturity probably differs from woman to woman. And every woman depending on where they are in life will look at certain things in a man. If she's ready to settle down and have a serious relationship, the last person she'll look for will be someone whose not settled down. Women can also be immature. I think this goes both ways.

Every woman has their preferences and every man has theirs too. Maturity might be based on what the woman is looking for in that particular moment in her life.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

All you talk about mans maturity, but you know it is very damn hard to find a matured woman who hasn't gone grandma yet.
    Don't expect anything.

funny thing is, everyone always considers themselves mature. i'm mature in some ways, but totally immature in others, for example emotionally.

Quote Originally Posted by twisted View Post
    funny thing is, everyone always considers themselves mature. i'm mature in some ways, but totally immature in others, for example emotionally.
    As am I. I'm mature when it comes to some of the old fashioned morals, but immature when it comes to how stubborn I am.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm socially immature but mentally mature

And I look immature, which is the big killer

I think by "mature" many younger girls mean that the guy knows how to work them. Knows how to press their buttons, because they know very little about themselves.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I find myself being immature (too playful/silly) around my SO.

for me, mature means knowing exactly what u're doing (taking calculated risks) , and being responsible in doing it. there's alot more about maturity, but i think those i mentioned are the top 5 ones on the list.

who wants to be "mature." it means you're done growing and you're really close to death.

now that i think about it, mature sounds like it comes from the spanish word matar, which means to kill. or muero, which means dead.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Or "manure" which means shit
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    who wants to be "mature."
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

I think girls at our age (college), girls are looking for guys that are more mature because they find that attractive. I've come to realize people in college are going through a major change in their life and feel that by being around others that are older looking, sexually active, and act older, they in turn, feel older. This is almost like a step people want to take from the high school teen years, to an adult life. They're trying to be something their not in other words.

Ironically people that usually do this tend to be immature. Usually associated with illegal activities like underage drinking, and dui. This is usually why girls at our age tend to prefer guys that look older. Because they want to be, what they think is, more mature.

Hi DoesntMatter
    I’m sorry if thus seems like a flame, but its not.
    How are you mentally mature exactly? Can you give some examples? I have read some of your posts and you are crude and frequently use profanity. How old are you? It may seem cool and mature to curse all of the time at a young age, but as you get older, I think most people realize that a vocabulary full of four letter words is far from mature.
    You mention that you are “socially immature,” why is that? You aren’t one of those kids that were locked up inside of his father’s basement in Austria. Why don’t you do anything about it instead of complaining about it online? Maybe you don’t know how to make friends and you are awkward around people? So what? Do something like volunteer work, you will get to meet people and there wont be too much pressure on you because you are helping other people out so they will be grateful to have you (yes even you) around. Develop hobbies, get really good at something, and something that’s not nerdy, because face it, not too many hot girls are gonna be impressed if you are a level 7 Dungeon Master or whatever..You just need to work on gaining more self confidence. Try getting a makeover…it really works, get a new haircut, some better clothes and work out, I’m sure you could stand to look better..then maybe you would not feel as shy around girls. You really have to just become more comfortable with yourself so that you can become comfortable around others. Find out what you dislike about yourself and change it. It may be hard, but you can do it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast