+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Getting worse instead of better

Getting worse instead of better

We split because I needed to advance the relationship to living together and he could not. We parted both hoping that perhaps with the therapy he is getting he can figure out why he is so against it when really he does want me for the rest of his life.

Anyway it has been a few weeks now, no contact for eight days. It hurts more and more every day because I can't help thinking he does not care or miss me because he does not at least write "you doing okay?'. I have not contacted him because I know how that is only negative on our chances. That he will think he can take his time getting better because I am out there only thinking of him. I know I had found a message board somewhere on this before and how time can seem so slow for woman and not for men. I read once of someone in the same situation and in six weeks he was calling her and they were together.

I am sorry, I am just constantly analyzing this no contact thing. Imagining him out there happy, while I am miserable. I guess I need someone to confirm that just because they don't contact you it doesn't mean they don't love you. I just wish I knew he was still trying to figure himself out so that he could be with me again.
    Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by kbouquet View Post
    Imagining him out there happy, while I am miserable.
    If I have learned one thing through my own journey of heartbreak, it's that usually the total opposite of what I thought was true, i.e. I would wallow at home thinking of her, happy, fulfilled with her new partner, doing all the things we used to love to do...but I was ALWAYS wrong. She's not happy, she settled. Deep inside her, she isn't happy. Be yourself, get out for a walk or run, write, do fun things and keep telling yourself, like an incantation, that your life IS great, you WILL meet the person of your dreams eventually that will love you for you. You just need patience. And to be grateful for all you have, including your breakup.

And if your ex is happy, so shouldnt you be? For them AND yourself?
    Last edited by Toddstar; 24-10-11 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Wasnt done.

I'm going through heartbreak at the moment too, so I'm not necessarily the best person to give advice right now. But I wanted you to know that I've read and I know what you're going through. No contact is really tough. The only thing I've found is to keep busy. I know thats hard and easier said than done, but whenever I feel myself thinking those thoughts of him being happy when I'm not, I distract myself.
    Thinking of you x

I know how you feel. Especially the advice I usually get from others is to "get over it"
    I agree, try to keep yourself busy.

I know how you feel. It's like your life is hanging on a rope now. My advice is, prepare for the worst. He might contact you, he might not. We can never tell. But i think you should set a time limit for this. I mean, you don't want to keep on waiting for him forever, right? In the meantime, try to distract yourself. Hope it helps.