+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Going to visit an old friend, need help

Going to visit an old friend, need help

So at first my friend from my old town was coming up to visit me for a couple days but there were too many problems with planning and traveling. So now it turns out that I am going to visit her at her college.

We never had any past relations and have only been friends for maybe 2 years. And I would somewhat flirt with her and she would always joke around back but it always seem like she put me in a friendzone.

Unrelated but whenever she would hug me it would be crushing the air out of me tight and she would say how she misses me.

So after just telling her about the details of traveling down she said it was fine and that I can stay in her dorm and that she has a futon I can sleep on in the other room next to her.
    Now I'm not taking this at a rejection/let down becuase I'm not expecting her to stay I can sleep in her bed with her. And I figured if anything happens while I'm down it will be a spur of the moment where we end up sleeping together. If not I thought of a couple ways to even if its just to lay down and cuddle with her.

So how do I respond to her last text. About staying in her dorm room and on the futon, I figure I just sound unaffected by it and say something along the lines of alright cool I look forward to coming down
    Let be friends

Quote Originally Posted by R0aDRuNN3R5 View Post
    So how do I respond to her last text. About staying in her dorm room and on the futon, I figure I just sound unaffected by it and say something along the lines of alright cool I look forward to coming down
    Good idea, say that.

Once you're there, who knows what will happen. Just don't get your hopes high, from what you have described, it does seem like she sees you as "just" a friend.

Yeah I'm not really expecting much but its a chance for me to get away from work and where I'm at so either way I'm happy.

What usually works for me is either we'll be watching a movie or something and the classic yawn and put the hand over the shoulder move (except for the whole yawn and cheesyness of it) and neither of us end up moving or the girl won't say anything and we'll end up laying down right there.
    Otherwise I would walk to where they are sleeping and if they aren't awake I would lightly wake them and just lie down and wrap my arms around them. But I think that only worked because the girl I tried it on really really like me. And I have doubt about this one because I don't want it to turn out to where I get rejected and the rest of my stay there is awkward.

And I'm not all that good on noticing whether I'm in the I only like you as a friend sort of way but, the past week we've always been texting and whenever we ran into a problem where she couldn't visit she seemed sad, and whenever I figured out something that worked she would seem happy and text all those smiley faces. She was asking me to skype her, and is saying she's very excited to see me. I don't me anything when I say that she is in college now and maybe one of those girl that once they are in college suddenly becomes some crazy party stereotype girl. So I don't know I'm just gonna make the best of it
    Last edited by R0aDRuNN3R5; 10-09-12 at 04:52 AM.
    Let be friends