+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I have my first date in 3 years, lol.

I have my first date in 3 years, lol.

I went to the bookstore to get my copy of "American psycho". I decided to ask the woman that worked there out. She said yes and now I have a date.

But I have not done this for 3 years. I have let prostitutes warm me at night. I guess it will be a little cheaper with a girlfriend.
    So I need some updates.

Is it corny to bring flowers? What should I remember? Help appreciated!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you asking the Americans for advice as well?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't know that flowers are necessary. What are you going to do on your date? Also, how old are you both?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I hope she leaves your sorry ass standing. All the bad luck in the world to you my fiend.

Yeah. Cheaper. That's a good reason to get a girlfriend.

I strongly recommend that you keep your personality subdued at first. Try to be charming. You can let your combative self out later.
    Spammer Spanker

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Of course he doesn't want advice from us Americans, Frasbee. After all, we're just a bunch of violent rapists over here, right?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    After all, we're just a bunch of violent rapists over here, right?
    Why, me and my buds were violently raping things just last night!

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I don't know that flowers are necessary. What are you going to do on your date? Also, how old are you both?
    I'm taking her to a restaurant. I'm 20 and she is around 25, never asked her when we talked before.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Show up on time for your date. Wear appropriate clothing. Be a gentleman and open the doors. Don't order food that has a lot of garlic in it unless she is having garlic, too. Don't order foods that are too crunchy or sloppy, or you will look/sound bad like an animal. Eat with your mouth closed. Make polite conversation. Avoid bashing Americans - she probably knows and likes some. Be VERY polite to the waiter, waitress and busboys. Leave a generous tip. Walk her to her door after your date is over.

Is that enough?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Show up on time for your date. Wear appropriate clothing. Be a gentleman and open the doors. Don't order food that has a lot of garlic in it unless she is having garlic, too. Don't order foods that are too crunchy or sloppy, or you will look/sound bad like an animal. Eat with your mouth closed. Make polite conversation. Avoid bashing Americans - she probably knows and likes some. Be VERY polite to the waiter, waitress and busboys. Leave a generous tip. Walk her to her door after your date is over.

Is that enough?
    Yes thank you! I would probably order something with garlic. Or something crunchy like nachos. And I never leave any tip just like 1 coin that is like 1/6 of a dollar. You cant buy anything with those lol.

thanks!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I don't think it's common to leave tips outside America, actually. Is that true of your country, Stalin?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I don't think it's common to leave tips outside America, actually. Is that true of your country, Stalin?
    Lol are you joking? Don't tell me you're one of those people that think that everything they do in his or hers country is only happening in his or hers country?

Iv been all over and everyone tip everywhere. Especially in poor countries where the tip is their only income.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    COUNTRY GRATUITY PROTOCOL
    Australia and New Zealand Round up taxi fares and restaurant bills to nearest dollar.
    Austria Service charges generally included in bill.
    Britain and Ireland Service charges usually included in restaurant bills; otherwise, standard U.S. tipping rules apply.
    China and North Korea Tipping is illegal.
    Czech Republic Round up the bill to nearest koruna.
    France and Germany Service charges generally applied to bills; customary to add 5 percent extra.
    Hong Kong Tipping is common--about 10 percent in most situations--even when a service charge has already
    been applied.
    Hungary 10 percent tip is customary.
    Indonesia Service charges are usually included in bill.
    Israel Restaurants and hotels typically add 10 percent service charge to bills; otherwise, tipping not
    expected.
    Italy Tipping is customary, about 10 percent, even when a service charge is already included.
    Japan Tips are usually included in hotel and restaurant bills; otherwise, tipping is not expected.
    Malaysia Tipping is expected for porters and room service.
    Mexico Tipping is customary, about 10 to 15 percent. Service charges rarely applied.
    Philippines 10 percent tip is common for most services.
    South Korea Tipping is not expected.
    Spain Offer a 10 to 15 percent tip even when service charges have been added.

Overall Tips & Warnings
    * Double-check the tipping protocol at South Pacific and Asian hotels. Many prohibit tipping to prevent staff from hustling guests for money.

Edit: Hey, look! Your country wasn't even important enough to be mentioned, Stalin!
    Last edited by vashti; 03-11-07 at 09:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You're such an aggressive little twat. What a poor representative you make. I happen to know for a fact that in many countries it isn't customary to tip servers. In fact, it can be considered an insult.
    -Mark Twain

-Albert Einstein

You're such an aggressive little twat. What a poor representative you make. I happen to know for a fact that in many countries it isn't customary to tip servers. In fact, it can be considered an insult.
    In what countries are those? North Korea and China? Lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast