+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My Story - some support/advice please!

My Story - some support/advice please!

I was in a 2 year relationship with my ex when we broke up, I lived with her for most of this time. I broke it off just after new year (TEN MONTHS AGO!) as I was tired of arguing over things. She beat me up over people I had been with before we got together, was pretty insecure about me going out without her and had difficulites trusting me. She got a bit wild after a drink and that's when alot of the arguments came. MOST of the time we got on fine, but these issues were too much to cope with.

After splitting up we got back together a couple of times, but it just didn't seem to work, we just had fights.

Here are my issues now:

I have been really upset thinking of her moving on
    I work in a bar, and she comes into it fairly regularly, I hate seeing her speaking to other guys!
    We are trying to be friends, but I am not sure it's working
    I think NC might be the way to go but what can I do about her coming into my work?
    Why am I so upset - this is really frustrating me. I want to move on, why am I so angry about her moving on?

Please help me, just reassure me, give me some advice. I am having trouble getting this out of my head ten months later. More frustrating still, I don't want to get back with her, I really miss her company sometimes and we had great sex, I think I miss that but there were loads of bad things too!

I think I may be upset because I miss the good things, and part of me wants to be with her and still loves her, but most of me knows it won't work cos we have tried more than once. I need perspective!
    Last edited by xiwoy; 05-10-11 at 09:08 PM.

Well, seeing her that often at your job certainly doesn't help, the feelings you have are totally normal, after all you were with this person for 2 years and now you're seeing her with someone else. Sounds like you still have some feelings for her but I don't think it's a good relationship to be in. I think it would be easier for you to move on if you didn't see her for awhile, if that's at all possible.

oh god, ur story reminds me of me and my bf. all we do is bicker and argue... eventually. its just going to result in a break up. I know eventually if i dont stop my jealousy issues with my bf, he`d leave me too and ive accepted that. but we have far more issues going on too that is making me INSANE.

if she is really bothering you and u cant let go of her, avoid her, cut all ties with her. even if it has to do with u quitting work. if all of doing that can make u not keep in contact with her, id say do it and move on. ud be so much happier! god bless and keep ya head up!