I am deeply in love with a girl and everyday I fall deeper. This girl though does not love me back. It's hard but I can't help it. It's uncontrollable. I have a unconditional love for her and she does not appreciate any of it. I care for her so much that it's unbelievable. I care for her more than myself. I wish I could just stop but I can't. I feel it's impossible.
Right now, our status is friends and this is OK, but I wish it would mature someday...and right now, I feel it will not. I have been in love with her for about say 14 months and it's honestly torture. I feel if in 14 months she doesn't love me, she never will. It's sad but true I think.
I always try to further move along the relationship but I guess she just feels absolutely nothing and wants nothing more than friendship.
It's so hard, because, I never did anything wrong. I never cheated ever. I never abused anyone. I was always honest and genuine. I always just wanted a good relationship that hopefully would turn into marriage after a while. I never wanted a million hook-ups or be a pimp. I just wanted to live a good life.
So please, I don't want to manipulate her into loving me but I want a genuine love. I understand this is probably impossible, so I'm asking, is there any antidote to cure love...I mean, is there any way to remove my feelings for her which would be ethically? Is there any way to remove my feelings of love for her? I realize that I probably should not be her friend to improve my emotional condition but I can't, she is my best friend I feel.
Regards