+ Follow This Topic

Thread: No response

No response

This isn't really about love, but I didn't know where else to put it. So I've managed to track down a couple people from class on myspace, and they have accepted my friend requests, but a few ofthe girls either stopped replying after one or two messages or never replied in the first place, even if I ask a question (like how'd you do in class or something). Now I'm not trying to get into a relationship or anything with any of them, but I dunno, it's kind of rude to just ignore someone. Can any of you shed some light on this?

Myspace is dead. Seriously. Chances are they just aren't logging in often, or ever anymore.

Whoops my bad. I meant facebook. I'm tired lol

Do they even know who you are? Have you spoken to them in person?

I noticed something like this too. There is a VERY small circle of friends I have that will reply or comment on stuff. The others completely ignore you. The difference seems to be computer savy-ness and boredom. If the person doesn't have the right amount of both of those they ignore you.
    -Tough eyes, kind heart-

This is pretty normal on Facebook. You track down old class mates (or they track you down), you become "friends", and exchange a few pleasantries, and then that's it. It's not really rude, it's just the nature of social sites.

^Exactly. I wouldn't try to carry on conversations on Facebook. It's almost like leaving a message on someone's answering machine (that can answer back sometimes). I use it primarily for making plans.

Why don't you try arranging some meetup times with people instead and talk to them face-to-face. So old fashioned I know!
    “Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist”--George Carlin

Yes, I only "tracked down" the ones I actually talked to and got along with. I'm not surprised that they're not all hey were best friends now! But I sorta expected a reply. It's no biggie though, I'm not crying over it