+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is she interested? - Emails, texts, invites

Is she interested? - Emails, texts, invites

Hi everyone

Sorry, could be a long one...

Last semester that was this girl in my class, who I thought was really hot but I never said anything because I thought she was out of my league. No big deal.

As part of the class we were taking, we had to do some practical training. So I rock up to the training and lo and behold this girl is there. We’re the only ones signed up for that session. I introduced myself, pretending I didn’t recognise her – she immediately mentioned that we were in the same class.

We had an hour before the training. I go “so what are you gonna do?” and she said “well I was just gonna do whatever you do”. Eventually we ended up at a café. Considering that I was staring down the barrel of spending at least 40mins with this girl who I thought was hot for a semester, well, I wasn't that nervous. Its a bit of a blur. Nothing earth shattering bout the talk, but not bad for two people who'd never met before. She may/may not have been fiddling with her necklace.

We did the practical training. Every now and then we'd catch each other's eye, but I was too stressed to really think about it. After it finished it was late and we walked back in the direction of my place. Again not earth shattering talk but definite good vibes and an arm touch from her. We reached mine and we stood making chit chat for a minute. I then offered to walk her to the bus stop nearby so we head over. As we sat down I asked for and got her email. The only other bits i really remember are that she said "I'm glad i did the training with someone interesting and not some nerd" and also another stage i cracked some semi-joke and she gave me a playful shove on the shoulder as she laughed. Anyway, we parted ways, with her saying "email me".

We had exams for the next few weeks so everyone was busy. I saw her a couple of times on campus but chickened out and didn't say anything. I eventually emailed her after two weeks. She replied after a few days, saying that she'd finished exams but had a few essays to do, but she was happy about freedom. She mentioned that if I was still in town (i had told her i'd gotten a xmas job in another city) then i should let her know if i'd be interested in the beach or day trip somewhere. I thought this was a good sign, so a couple of days after I asked her to coffee over email. She didn't reply till after the date i had suggested. she said she'd been busy finishing an essay, but then said "free from thursday, let me know". and she gave me her mobile number. By this stage I'd left town to start my xmas job, so I didn't call her for another week. She didn't answer so I left a text message asking her to call me back. She txted me back a few days later saying that she was also out of town and would call me.

She never did and over xmas i was pretty busy. I emailed her again mid-jan just to say hi. Not a long email - just to see if there was still contact. She replied after 10 days (with a long first paragraph apologising for the delay and emphasising that she didn't do it deliberately). In my email I mentioned i would be in town for a music festival - she suggested that if i were free a few days later that we should catch up. Obviously i couldnt because i had to go back for my xmas job - and i wrote that in another email. So i thought this is pretty good i got an invite from her, she wants to spend time together.

A few days later i got an email invite to her birthday drinks. I noticed that she cc'd it to lotsa people (mainly girls) but that my email was in bcc... I thought this is pretty good i'm being invited into her circle and we barely know each other, but then again maybe she's just sociable. I couldn't go to it (already had another bday that nite) so I called her on the day to wish her happy birthday. She seemed real happy to get the call and she was jokingly going "oh what you're not coming?"... it was a good call (i was so scared) but it might've just been b/c it was her birthday.

A week later i txted her just to see how her bday was and also to mention that i was going away but i'd be back in town for uni which starts in a few days. She replied after a few days saying she had fun, a bit drunk and that i should have fun on my little holiday.

So now... what should I do? I'm going back to town tomorrow and uni starts a few days after... Should i call her straight away? Does she actually like me? Or is she being friendly? There's good signs right? ... But i don't even know if she has a b/f...

Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for any help!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMilk
    So now... what should I do? I'm going back to town tomorrow and uni starts a few days after... Should i call her straight away? Does she actually like me? Or is she being friendly? There's good signs right? ... But i don't even know if she has a b/f...
    well, maybe not straight away, but call her! you'll only get the answers to your questions if you get to know her better.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Honestly, it looks to me like she could take you or leave you at this point, and if I were talking to her, I would say the same. Waiting so long to respond to communication from someone you were crazy about just simply wouldn't happen.

If you want to try to tilt things in your favor, why don't you suggest something very casual at school (maybe coffee) to see if the two of you could generate any real interest.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrMilk
    I then offered to walk her to the bus stop nearby so we head over. As we sat down I asked for and got her email.
    Anyone else here, over the age of 30-ish, find this funny?

If she were really into you, she would have found the time to contact you/email you, and not wait a week and a half.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]