Hey all. I never thought I'd resort to a relationship forum but hey, there's a first time for everything, right? Here's my story.

(I'm 22 and just graduated college)

My ex dumped me after nearly a year of going out 2 weeks ago. We were fighting a lot due to her inconsiderate manner and I would get angry at her and say things I didn't mean. She refuses to give me a second chance even though I quit smoking for her. I want her back and it is killing me. She says we're not right for each other and is sorry to have broken my heart. She has a lot of problems but so do I and I think we can make it work. She's upstate with her family now and said she's falling out of love with me and doesn't even really think of me anymore. I am hoping when she comes back we might be able to renew the relationship. All my friends are saying she's not good enough for me because she always had to get her way and used her "headaches" as an excuse to never do anything. She's a depressed person and often selfish but she listened to my problems and I still love her.

My roommates are asking me why I am so in love with her still when she's so inconsiderate. I guess I'll give more examples...

She dumped me because we were fighting a lot more and we had a huge multi-day fight two weekends ago. She's very inconsiderate and doesn't care about how people think about her.

Some examples of her inconsideration would be when my friend and I went clothes shopping with her and he asked to put his sunglasses in her (large) bag. She refused out of spite and it really, really pissed him off. She doesn't like going out and is a total hypochondriac, taking "headache medicine" (anti depressants) and is an unhappy person in general. It's always her way or the highway.

She's cut herself in the past and had suicidal tendences two years ago while studying abroad...forcing her to withdraw from school for a semester and costing her parents $40,000. She has no girlfriends because she gravitates toward guys at parties. She's got a flirtatious manner and isn't affectionate or sensitive. She constantly complains about headaches / stomach aches and uses them as an excuse for not wanting to do anything.

For the first half of summer she barely visited me at my apartment (we're both in the city) and I had to come and visit her every day due to her taking classes. Still, she made no effort to come and see me and made me feel like hell.

Still, she never cheated on me, she was open and honest and put up with my faults (I have a temper at times, exacerbated by the pot I was addicted to and didn't tell her how much I smoked), listened to my many family problems.....

I have no desire to work, see friends, or look for jobs.....

I was feeling a little better when I went a week without speaking with her...then I called twice this week like a jackass because I missed her. I tried being friends with her both times on the phone and it eventually degraded to me asking her why she couldn't dump me in person and why she won't give the relationship a second chance due to me quitting pot.