+ Follow This Topic

Thread: GF losing interest in sex.

GF losing interest in sex.

I have a relationship question that's bothering me. My girlfriend and I have been together for a little over a year. We just moved to LA together about a month and a half ago. For about a month before we moved, and since we've been here, she's had a noticeable decrease in interest in sex. It used to be almost daily, now it's about once per week. She is adamant that she is still very attracted to me and is not cheating on me, and that it's just the stress of the move and our current financial situation (neither of us have found jobs down here) that is causing it. Other than this issue, the relationship is still very strong - we do alot together and have a great time. I try to believe her that it's situational and not take it personally, but it is getting more difficult by the day. It's to the point where I won't even try to initiate sex anymore. What are the odds that it is situational and not something to do with me?

i think she's genuinely telling you the truth. i've never moved before but i can imagine it being very stressful, give her some time to settle in as you already have. i doubt that she has the time to cheat anyway!
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

I can say for myself that stress and financial problems make me loose my sexual desire just like that. For many women, emotions have alot to do with sex and whether or not you want to have it. If she is always honest with you and you trust her to be telling you the truth, keep supporting her and making sure you are building your lives there as a team and are in it together. Maybe try to help her relax.. get her outside, take her for a nice picnic, plan something sweet on a weekend day where the two of you can spend time away from the daily stresses of job-hunting and adjusting to a new city.

But above all, be absolutely honest with how you are feeling. Make sure the two of you keep communicating, especially now when you're both stressed and overwhelmed, which could take a toll on your relationship. The two of you will find jobs and get on the right track, but in the meantime, let her know you understand how she feels, that you're in this together and you're a team.

Good luck

^^ agreed. you've seen the fast-moving job-seeking side of LA and now it's time to see the relaxing and fun side. do a bit of research if needs be on where you can use the picnic idea and whatnot.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.

Maybe she's tired of doing it EVERYDAY ever considered that?
    haha..