+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Lets Make It Work

Lets Make It Work

Here we are, most of us are misguided and have no clue on what to do. We love and hate to easily. We try to make a relationship work when there's no hope only because most of us are to scared to be alone. We stay with someone because they make us feel good for a short time only to turn around and make us feel like shit. (this goes for both sexes.) Everyday I try to understand more about the opposite sex only to find myself more confused. Why can't we all just get pass the bullshit and realize that if we're supposed to work together we need to have a simple understanding. We all need to stop trying to see who has the best smelling (l) and biggest 8=======> and just realize that there's more to the equation. Lets stop being the mind numbing spirit crushing game-show hosts that we are, and try to make this thing we call love "work." I'm sick of "love" just being another four letter word... Later

Quote Originally Posted by ibby
    Here we are, most of us are misguided and have no clue on what to do. We love and hate to easily. We try to make a relationship work when there's no hope only because most of us are to scared to be alone. We stay with someone because they make us feel good for a short time only to turn around and make us feel like shit. (this goes for both sexes.) Everyday I try to understand more about the opposite sex only to find myself more confused. Why can't we all just get pass the bullshit and realize that if we're supposed to work together we need to have a simple understanding. We all need to stop trying to see who has the best smelling (l) and biggest 8=======> and just realize that there's more to the equation. Lets stop being the mind numbing spirit crushing game-show hosts that we are, and try to make this thing we call love "work." I'm sick of "love" just being another four letter word... Later
    Here here - I totally agree!!
    Jakki

I too couldn't agree more. People throw in towel all too easily and run. Life's far to short to do that. Everybody's lonely and longing, but nobody it seems is willing to take the bad with the good.

I'll go on a rant here, but I'll keep it short... I'm a good looking guy (if one likes my type) have a ton of love to give, a fun, rather exciting life, a cool home, not rich but OK, and I end up sitting up at three am wondering why I'm alone? It just doesn't make any sense.

The only answer that I've come up with recently is that I don't make the effort to get out and meet new people. But when I do, there's a lot of sparks but no fires, at least for any length of time.

I guess all it takes is one.....

Amen. The word 'love' is thrown around WAY too easily. It really detracts from the meaning of love. I think a lot of people have said 'I love you' to someone and finding out they never loved the person. I hate that; it's why I'm resistant to saying that no matter how I feel.

As for you, blackie, I know how that is. I'm always told that I'm the good guy, the nice guy, the decent guy. And yet, I'm the one who sits alone while everyone else is out and about. Yeah, it's very disheartening and hurts the morale. But the way I look at it, I'd keep going. The hope of finding someone who loves me and who I love also keeps me going. The good guys may finish last, but hey- they have a better shot at finding something true. I think that will make it so much better when love really comes.
    If a dream comes true... then is it still a dream?

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal
    Yeah, it's very disheartening and hurts the morale. But the way I look at it, I'd keep going. The hope of finding someone who loves me and who I love also keeps me going. The good guys may finish last, but hey- they have a better shot at finding something true. I think that will make it so much better when love really comes.

It IS very disheartening and my morale's at an all time low. BUT - I'm not a quitter, I know she's out there. Like I said, it's partly my fault as I've lazy about socializing lately. Tonight, I'm gonna dress up, hold my head high and go to a friends concert at a local club, even if I have to force myself to.

I'd like to add that as much as loneliness sucks, sometimes it's better to be single and lonely with the potential of finding someone special than it is to be stuck in a bad or 'flat-lined' realtionship where you're lonely but yet can't look around for someone new. Besides, the loneliness is always a temporary condition. We may not see it now on those cold nights, but sure as the sun will rise, somebody will come along, probably when we least expect it. (I think)

Blackie