+ Follow This Topic

Thread: So, Who Had The Last Laugh?

So, Who Had The Last Laugh?

I lurked this forum for a day, and I immediately just saw this was a community of people I could relate, and talk to.
    This is what happened...

Back in 2009, I started dating a girl younger than I was, she was 18, I was 21.
    I had two jobs then, and stuff was going alright. I knew she lived across the street, and I was just a friend to most people,
    but one day she cornered me, and asked me to be hers...and after about a month of debating with myself, because i've dealt with some of the most repulsive women imaginable, I decided to give it a chance.

I think the problems began, once she heard "I trust you" and "I'm falling for you."
    Let me tell you, I'd do anything for her, cause I knew she didn't have very much, and her family was really really dysfunctional.
    Things seemed good for those first 6 months.

After a while, she had gotten cold and rather distant to me, around my 22nd birthday to be exact.
    To be honest, the most she ever wanted to do was shop, and kick back with me and HER friends. She never wanted to be around any of my friends, and over time my friends, family, and even her own family started to really despise her, and the way she treated me.

Around October, she broke it off, claiming "I WANT TIME TO EXPAND MY WINGS AND TRY TO GET MY G.E.D., will you wait for me?"

I agreed, because I truly was in it to win it...

That same month, she had me attacked by some thug who's actually more of a p****, since the f***** threw a brick at me,
    from out of nowhere.

As I got myself together, and stepped off after fighting him off...
    she decided to go, call her friends, and laugh about it around the neighborhood with her immature disgusting friends.

I knew nothing of this.

Around that Christmas, I bought her a watch with money I had saved, as I had lost my two jobs, thanks to the "growing" economy. It's tough when you're black, and you live in a dilapidated urban zone, or ghetto if you'd prefer...

She didn't spend any time with me on Christmas as we had planned, nor New Years.

Around February, her older sister had enough, and told me everything.

From the time I had met that girl, she was already cheating on me.
    She had multiple abortions during time we were together, most of them occurring while I was at work,
    or when she had to go to the hospital because of her "asthma".

She had since my birthday, been messing with a man who is 40, TWICE HER AGE.

And she was only using me as her personal ATM, because she knew I would do anything for her (mistake 1)
    and that I had very different morals than most black men my age at that time, for one, I was a virgin, and two
    I really believed in putting time in, before actually going into the act.

Rather stand up guy, into gaming, art, music, etc.

Anyway...

After an accident happens, in which her dad some how accidentally burned the house down, which I mindlessly went to go HELP her away from her burning house (i'll bring up the videos from the fire, as it was all over the news here), it comes to my ears later on in the month, that she's pregnant by that old man.

I laughed so hard but, i was crying on the inside, as a friend told me.

After hearing about my laughing fiasco out where I live, from her trifling friends, she goes on
    to tell me:

"GO AHEAD AND LAUGH, THAT'S WHY YOU NEVER GOT TO HIT THIS, AND NEVER WILL..."

but the look on her face turned grim, after the following came out my vocal cords:

"I was never in this for sex, or gain...I was in it because I cared for you, and wanted nothing but the best for you..."

Throughout the duration of her pregnancy, I would randomly get phone calls from her, cursing me the hell out, about
    nothing, she just being miserable, because come to find out, that 40 year old man, lol, the car wasn't his, he has NO job,
    and he's pretty much an idiot, based on what her mother tells me.

Her sister would promptly call me back, and just say "Oh, she's just pregnant and pissed off, don't pay her no mind."
    Her family members, that would stop by to see me sometimes would tell me how much, they couldn't stand that old dude, lol.

In between all this, I took some changes for myself...I guess you could say I slipped my v-card to a random friend (she know who she it ) and just decided to get my life together, as being jobless and at home wasn't doing nothing, in 2011, I decided to go to school for game design, which I start in august, and i've been doing various things to improve myself, and my quality of life.

Around February:

"Hey, she just had the baby yesterday, do you want to come to the hospital to see it?"

Eh, why the hell not, i'm a grown man, i'm not really going to have a grudge against a 19/20 yr old girl.

It was comedy at the hospital, as we made eye contact for the first time in a while, and when left alone, it was obvious, that
    she missed my presence, and holds a deep remorse for what she's done to me, and herself.

But it's nothing more than "hi" and "bye", not even friends really, cause you can't do the ish' she did, and be someones friend, ya know.

Text messages, and blah blah blah...

I don't know...her exact words when i asked her "what's so interesting now about me?"

She broke my heart, but my heart healed quickly, as i've been in a similar situation before,
    and I'm guessing, she realized that she broke her own heart, since she's a single parent, no high school education, WHICH I WAS HELPING HER WITH, and now that i'm off in the world to spread my wings professionally...and that I have VERY high standards now for the women I even converse with, I guess the weight of the world I felt when I realized I was her fool, landed on her back, triple times the weight.

c'est la'vie?

life goes on, and time heals all wounds. Hopefully you learned from you mistake.

Wow man, that sounds rough. It makes me physically ill to think that someone can treat someone who cares so much about them like a piece of shit. Just be glad you got out of it when you did, and found out how two faced she really was. I don't know you, but I can say without a doubt that you deserve better than that, although I'm sure you know this. Good luck with everything.

Is there a saying in Englsih to say that reality sometimes overtakes fiction...
    "Oh I could spend my life having this conversation. Look, please try to understand before one of us dies"

Quote Originally Posted by Yet another guy View Post
    It's just plain simpler to view the world as black and white rather than probabilistic shades of gray.