+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calling all psychics and anti psychics for discussion

Calling all psychics and anti psychics for discussion

Tell me more. I have welcomed one your kind into my home as a house mate. She’s fascinating. She’s very different to anyone I have ever met. She believes there is a higher conscious. All we know for real is that we are conscious after that we know nothing more than that as humans. when we die I still think that conscious goes somewhere. So far I see it as; energy can neither be created nor destroyed and it has been measured that humans lose a little weight when they die-that is the energy I am contemplating is our consciousness that leaves the body to reincarnate or go elsewhere? I have no idea. She as opposed to me can tap into this higher conscious and give hope and closure to bereaved relatives.

I find this all interesting, I’m skeptical to a certain degree but at the same time am still wondering what the hell am I doing here on earth etc etc.

What do you think?
    Last edited by ecojeanne; 03-09-09 at 08:56 PM.
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

oh you mean one of those crazy medium people?

that is crap. those people are evil. my friend dragged me to one of those events one time and i found it disgusting. taking advantage of peoples emotions and charging them money for it. stupid.

the people who believe in that crap are naive and stupid. it's nothing more than a magic trick.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

no she specifically says she's not a medium
    Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching

Quote Originally Posted by ecojeanne View Post
    I still think that conscious goes somewhere. So far I see it as; energy can neither be created nor destroyed
    No, energy can be transformed into other types of energy. Whatever energy is in us, goes into something else. And you're assuming consciousness is a type of energy - that seems very false.

and it has been measured that humans lose a little weight when they die-that is the energy I am contimplating is our consciousness that leaves the body to reincarnate or go elsewhere?
    Consciousness has not MATTER, therefore it has no weight. Think about it.
    The weight we lose is probably related to water.

[QUOTE=miSSleepy;487983]. And you're assuming consciousness is a type of energy - that seems very false.

QUOTE]

i find it difficult to believe it's not.

i find it difficult to believe it's not.
    Think about it for another 10 minutes.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm a medium. Pay me one hundred and fifty bucks an hour and I'll foretell your future and prescribe these wonderful totems, 60 dollars each, which will protect you from the evil spirits I see surrounding you. Also, add these crystals to your bath each night, $25, and it will improve the luminosity of your aura.

That'll be $100 for the initial consultation fee. Thanks.
    Last edited by Gribble; 03-09-09 at 10:25 PM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Tell me more. I have welcomed one your kind into my home as a house mate. She’s fascinating. She’s very different to anyone I have ever met. She believes there is a higher conscious. All we know for real is that we are conscious after that we know nothing more than that as humans. when we die I still think that conscious goes somewhere. So far I see it as; energy can neither be created nor destroyed and it has been measured that humans lose a little weight when they die-that is the energy I am contemplating is our consciousness that leaves the body to reincarnate or go elsewhere? I have no idea. She as opposed to me can tap into this higher conscious and give hope and closure to bereaved relatives.

I find this all interesting, I’m skeptical to a certain degree but at the same time am still wondering what the hell am I doing here on earth etc etc.

What do you think?
    I get deja vu most weeks of the year.

I've had conversations with deceased kin on the odd occasion, but I never heard them speak an audible word.

I've been toyed with by malcontent spirits a few times. Physically, once. One of six blurry shadows poked my closed eyelid as I felt him deliberately do it. The eye experienced severe pain and erupted into instant tears.

I don't consider some of my dreams to be dreams, but rather, memories. There is a distinct difference between my garden variety dreams, deja vu seeds, and past current life experiences forgotten but recalled in dream state.

Most of the time, I dream like anyone else might say they do.

Select few in my family, my father included, have been seriously touched by the afterlife in their formulative years. He and my great uncle were extremely close up until the point that uncle died. My father was told to shut up about Chet sitting on the end of his bed every night for over 5 years and talking to him.

I've witnessed my 15 month old sister carry on a conversation with our then recently deceased grandfather. He was born in the same bedroom by midwife. She called him "granpaw mann" and pointed at the painting of a flower vase our great grandmother had done and had been hanging there for over 100 years.

She never met her grandfather in this life and the other grandfather long since expired. They conversed in turn for over 10 minutes. We listened through the door. She babbled... listened... sometimes laughed, responded.... listened, babbled, etc etc. No doubt she was deep in conversation with something tangible when we finally opened the door and asked her who she was talking to, then pointed.

These are just a few scenarios. I don't have the energy, inclination, nor interest in riffling through my life to prove to you what I already know.

Life goes on... how? I can't tell you... I don't know myself.

I just know that the end of this life isn't the end of our lives.

We move on, somewhere or another.

Hope this helped.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

This guy lost a lot of weight after he died.

He must've had a lot of soul.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have yet to read about or meet a credible person who has experienced something 'supernatural' that couldn't be explained by something much more mundane.

Until I do, I'll carry on living my life like these things are just fiction. I certainly have no need to believe these kinds of things. If there IS something after death, guess I'll find out then. Or not. Either way, doesn't affect my here & now.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I have yet to read about or meet a credible person who has experienced something 'supernatural' that couldn't be explained by something much more mundane.

Until I do, I'll carry on living my life like these things are just fiction. I certainly have no need to believe these kinds of things. If there IS something after death, guess I'll find out then. Or not. Either way, doesn't affect my here & now.
    And what if you experience something or numerous things supernatural, before the end time you've set aside for its prospect?

It would affect you, and you'd be in the same exact place as I am now.

That's why I keep quiet, for the most part. Sceptics are too wrapped up in themselves to be objective.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Durian View Post
    And what if you experience something or numerous things supernatural, before the end time you've set aside for its prospect?

It would affect you, and you'd be in the same exact place as I am now.
    Of course. I'd probably pee my panties if I ever saw a real ghost or the like.

But then, I'm pretty sure I'd next try to understand it. Debunk it if I could. I would certainly question my own perception and try to get independent corroboration.

I wouldn't latch on to the first explanation that only my own mind comes up with and call that truth. I'm not arrogant; I understand exactly when I am out of my own intellectual depth.

But this is an old argument, we've had it before. History shows too many examples of 'mystical, supernatural' events that later turned out to have a perfectly reasonable explanation for me take anyone's story at face value. Salem witches being burned for rye toxicity (ergotamine poisoning), comes to mind. People believe what they want to believe and have a hard time considering the differential diagnosis.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been watching this show called Ghost Hunters. It's these guys in Atlanta that go to places that claim to haunted and try to debunk it. They have debunked a LOT of it.

Unfortunately, sometimes they actually capture some scary ass stuff that has given me instant goosebumps. Don't know what to make of it, but it's entertaining nonetheless.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When someone reputable comes forth with evidence I'll stop sneering. I don't see that happening ever.

Ghost stories are fun. But let's grow up and leave them to campfires and Halloween parties.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Your mind is closed. It's unlikely you'll ever see something paranormal or believe someone else who has.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast