+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should i give up?

Should i give up?

So this is sort of a long story...and i may know the answer. But it doesn’t hurt to make sure its the right thing to do. I've know this girl for a little over a year now. At first we were co workers and we would go out to lunch and spend some time at work. Didn’t think anything much at the time because i was with my wife at the time and she was with a husband that was overseas. Soon after my wife left me, and about a week or so later her husband left her. So because i had extra time now i would come over and fix something’s that would go wrong in her house. Soon i became the person she would call when ever she need anything, support, advice, anything. Then i got a call one night asking me to come over, i did and was surprised when she pounced on me and led me to her bed room. Instantly i was intoxicated, i wanted to have more. We comforted each other during this hard time in our lives.
    After some time of me still doing things for her, taking her out to lunch, watching her kids, fixing stuff around the house, or putting stuff up, having sex, and spending time with her i started to develop feelings for her. At this time she was making plans of having a friend visit from Germany and stay with her for a month. I knew this visit was going to me more than just a friendly visit because she said that they might have a relationship together. The day that this guy was going to show up i told her that i was in love with her, and that it was hard on me because my feelings aren’t returned. I told her i was jealous because it felt like she was willing to do that with someone else after all the time that we have spent together and all that I have shared with her but if that is what makes her happy then really there is nothing more I can do.
    I gave her Christmas gift early because I knew that I wasn’t going to see her, and I didn’t for the remainder time that the guy was in town. I talked with her occasionally because I was watching her dogs while she was away but it wasn’t the same. I convinced myself to move on and not think about her anymore…until she came back to work from her vacation. The guy left and never talked with her again. We started talking more often again and soon the pattern was set yet again. I have gone way out of my way and put my life on hold to make this woman happy so that she sees what I’m willing to do for her unconditionally.
    Recently I confessed to her again over the phone while she was visiting her parents how I feel about her and that I was sad that she was moving across the country with her parents in a year because I love her very much. She hasn’t made any effort in saying “no I don’t see you that way” or “Sorry that I cant return your feelings”…nothing on the matter. I’m lost on what to do, should I stay and enjoy the remainder time that we have together even though it will never be anything or do I just cut things off now, move on with my life, and start the healing process?

i think that if you carry on this routine it'll hurt even more, a year i a long time for things to develop and you may one day think that you can't even consider walking away whereas you can now. put yourself and your needs first. don't let your life revolve around her. it's not that she's not worth it but you've known that this can't go on. you know what you should do, you just need a little encouragement

Have you asked her directly, "Where do you see this going?"
    Spammer Spanker

Soon after my wife left me, and about a week or so later her husband left her.
    Wowsers, how coincidental....

Move on. She used you and because she was feeling horny - she appears to have no further interest IMO.

Okay, YOU know EXACTLY what you NEED to do. You pour your heart on the table for her and what did she say? She had to of said something right. Even if she was silent, that was an answer. She used the hell out of you and will continue to do so until YOU put an end to it!

To update...
    I asked her what she thought of what i told her this was after 3 days if still talking on the phone and acting like i never said anything...it was eating me inside of what she thought. She said that she wasnt ready for that..that this was a rebuilding year for both of us, and that we need to focus on that. She also said that since she was moving that it would end nowhere anyway...unless i moved also. Thats when i said...ok sure...and she said no it was a bad idea for me to do so. It ended at that...till today...When i called her up and told her that i couldn't see her anymore because i cant be putting my self through this everyday, hopping, wishing, and waiting for her to reciprocate....in this action im hoping that i can forget about her and move on with my life.....The End....or is?

Yes, the end. Leave it right there and keep walking away. Go 'rebuild' without her, you'll be better off.

you've actively told her that you're moving on. unless you want her to think that she pulls your puppet strings and controls your life, stick to your guns and rebuild your life.
    They called us a dead generation,
    They told us that we wouldn't survive
    They left us alone in the maelstrom
    As you can see we're all clearly alive.