+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i feel so pathetic

i feel so pathetic

I feel so pathetic. It's been 4 months and I am still completely enamored by my ex. I just can not get over him. I love him so much STILL and everyday the breakup still seems surreal. I am starting to think there is no hope of a future with us (at least anytime soon). I just am still so desperate after 4 months. Why does life still suck without him. I've seen other guys and to me no one compares. I've been having fun my life is by no means on hold-just so often I wish he was still with me to talk about things, or I wish he was at things with me. My friends and family tell me I can do better but I just want my ex. Whenever I talk to friends or family they act like I'm crazy and they don't understand how much this hurts. I just don't know what to do. Any advice...

Why did you guys break up in the first place?

I think you should listen to your friends and family and see why they don't think he's that great. In relationships it's very easy to lose objectivity and glorify the person we are with. We let emotions take over rather than think things through intelligently. Your friends and family that have met this guy and know him can help you step back and see the big picture, and help you understand why maybe he isn't the right guy for you anyway.

People have all kinds of solutions to these type of feelings. Keep yourself busy, do more activities, date other people, etc etc.. But from personal experience, all I can say is that the only thing that really heals these wounds is time. For some it could be a month, 2 months, 4 months, even an entire year sometimes. It's gonna hurt, but once that wound heals, you will feel better for it. And then you'll meet someone that is worth while! For now though, try not to focus on reminiscing.

we broke up cause he decided he didn't want to be in a serious relationship right now. And my friends and family don't like him 1) cause he is very nerdy-but that's exactly what I like about him. 2) because he broke up with me and hurt me. They loved him until he dumped me and treated me poorly after the breakup by ignoring me or being brutally honest or just short with me.

I had an ex like that, and then I realized she wasn't worth it because of how bad she was for me. If he broke it off there's really nothing you can do. I'm sure he knows you're sulking over him, and he's enjoying every minute of it.

it's just every day it still completely shocks me that we aren't together especially when I wake up- even 4 months out!!! I still can't believe he is gone and I can't talk to him or see him like I use to.

It really helps if you convince yourself that it's not him (his person) your missing, but the actual feeling of having someone love you in a relationship and everything that comes with it.

I'm sure there is a guy that would do a fine job filling in for him, possibly even better, right now you just need to fill the gap he left in your lovelife.