+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dated Much Younger Coworker..Big Mistake

Dated Much Younger Coworker..Big Mistake

I made the mistake of getting involved with a much younger coworker. I can't even believe I allowed this to happen since I am so much older, but I suppose I had a need to still feel attractive after a horrific divorce and raising four daughters alone.
    Nevertheless, I wound up feeling used and hurt; he walked away smug and uncaring. Now I'm working with this guy every day in a small office and it's very uncomfortable. Yesterday I was upset and I sent him a text saying F#%@ You....not good. I can't afford to leave my job, but am looking for another to remove myself from the stress I face every day seeing him there. If I had it to do over....no way...wouldn't happen!

i know it's gonna be hard, but try to focus on other things when you are at work. try to repair your relationship with him to have at least civil behaviour when around each other. that feeling of hurt and disappointment will go away just give it time.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's the age difference?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Poor thing. Hope you can find a new job soon.

Tho, if you are older... any chance you are his superior and can get rid of him? Or make his life hell so he leaves, in subtle non-f-you type ways?

Just asking. I know it was your mistake, but YOU are the one with kids to support, afterall.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Poor thing. Hope you can find a new job soon.

Tho, if you are older... any chance you are his superior and can get rid of him? Or make his life hell so he leaves, in subtle non-f-you type ways?

Just asking. I know it was your mistake, but YOU are the one with kids to support, afterall.
    ever heard of Karma? no, not elle's child.
    The male is a domestic animal which, if treated with firmness, can be trained to do most things

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Guess I don't believe in rubbing someone's face in spilled milk when they are already lapping it back up themselves, Dig. As you already know yourself.

Guilt and punishment is overrated. Giga's "I will fix this" is more suitable. Her getting a new job or him leaving would work by way of solution.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh