+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 1st day of school=heaven&hell

lilwing89 Guest

1st day of school=heaven&hell

ugh. thats all i can say.

its my senior year and i think i already have senioritis(a.k.a. idontgivea****itis). enough said already?
    no

my schedule reads
    german i
    history
    english
    algebra ii
    (lunch)
    chorus
    study hall
    accounting i
    web design ii

i like it. hw in every class already. not bad though. for german i am deciding whether i will be going by "Wolf" or "Rainer" the rest of the year(choosing german names). i get along with the new chorus director, who loves me (snaps at everyone else.. also its my first year in chorus)

the bad news, though, is that my boss's daughter's boyfriend killed himself, and its been a sad day in the office. *sigh*

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That seems like a pretty heavy schedule for a senior. Most of the kids here only have four classes in their last year.

Too bad about the suicide. They are so traumatic for all the survivors.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    You're taking Algebra 2 in 12th grade? I took that in 10th....

What level of History and English are you in? Also, what are you learning in Web Design? Any PHP or is it just shit like JavaScript?

What's the picking a german name thing about?

gah, I start the second year of college soon. blah. ugh. meh. etc...
    The start is always hardest. You'll get into the grind after a while. I get three weeks break for xmas and two for easter, so that's something to look forward to. I can't wait to have college done with!

sorry to hear about the suicide

lilwing89 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    You're taking Algebra 2 in 12th grade? I took that in 10th....

What level of History and English are you in? Also, what are you learning in Web Design? Any PHP or is it just shit like JavaScript?
    yes, i am taking alg II. our school does things differently. it goes algI, geometry, algII, and then precalc and calc

i had to take algI over because i transferred schools. (between states) and each one is a prereq of the other.

im taking level 4(12th grade) english and history. which would be american government and british literature at my school. my personal favorite is world history.
    our webpage shit is stupid. i know more than the teacher who teaches the computer classes at the school. but then again, my school is poor and cant afford the nice shit. everything javascript and all is stuff that i taught my self. basically, there are no other good classes to sign up for, and it would look good on my transcript.

we did manage to get a chorus director who directed shows at broadway and did other famous shit for 5 years. im looking forward to that. she convinced me to audition all state chorus lol. and south dakota's is one of the biggest in america.

and the german name thing was for fun. i ended up being a 'fritz'.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Does your chorus do any dancing during their performances, Lilwing?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh.. dude, regarding how your school does things "differently," I think public schools legally have to all teach the same thing in order. Prealgebra, alg I, geometry, alg II, precal, calculus.

Also, it's good to teach yourself these things.. that's how I got around to C and Assembler. You can develop your own coding style, but it may not be as efficient. Example, if you're just echoing something repeatedly, and you're copying and pasting instead of using a 'while' loop....

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
    Oh.. dude, regarding how your school does things "differently," I think public schools legally have to all teach the same thing in order. Prealgebra, alg I, geometry, alg II, precal, calculus.
    Wrong. One of the highschools i went to was entirely different from another that I transfered to out of state. Which in turn messed up my schedule for the rest of my highschool. Different requirements for different districts and states
    <3

King Zarathu Guest
    Oh, okay. Well, you learn something new every day....

That really kinda sucks, too.. for the kids that need transfers.